Remove OpenSuse from dual boot Linux/XP system - Suse

This is a discussion on Remove OpenSuse from dual boot Linux/XP system - Suse ; Any suggestions on the best (safest?) method of un-installing OpenSuse from a dual-boot XP/OpenSuse system? All in seperate partitions on the same physical HD, GRUB boot. If I simply delete everything in the Linux partitions will I still be able ...

  1. Remove OpenSuse from dual boot Linux/XP system

    Any suggestions on the best (safest?) method of un-installing OpenSuse
    from a dual-boot XP/OpenSuse system?

    All in seperate partitions on the same physical HD, GRUB boot.

    If I simply delete everything in the Linux partitions will I still be
    able to boot XP?

    I'm using Linux (Mint, Xandros, Ubuntu and OpenSuse) in VMs in XP now
    and don't need the OpenSuse install, and do need the disk space... ;-)

    TIA

  2. Re: Remove OpenSuse from dual boot Linux/XP system

    Bigguy wrote:
    > Any suggestions on the best (safest?) method of un-installing OpenSuse
    > from a dual-boot XP/OpenSuse system?
    >
    > All in seperate partitions on the same physical HD, GRUB boot.
    >
    > If I simply delete everything in the Linux partitions will I still be
    > able to boot XP?
    >

    > I'm using Linux (Mint, Xandros, Ubuntu and OpenSuse) in VMs in XP now
    > and don't need the OpenSuse install, and do need the disk space... ;-)
    >

    > TIA

    Got it now...
    Deleted Linux partitions, rebooted off XP CD and did FIXMBR in R console....

    Guy

+ Reply to Thread