Login - openSSE 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Login - openSSE 10.3 - Suse ; zed wrote: > Hello, > > I have configured user (I am the only one using the computer) for > automatic > login. Works flawlessly but -and there is always a BUT :-) - when I leave > the computer ...

  1. Re: Login - openSSE 10.3

    zed wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have configured user (I am the only one using the computer) for
    > automatic
    > login. Works flawlessly but -and there is always a BUT :-) - when I leave
    > the computer and the screensaver comes into play, as soon as I move the
    > mouse, or hit a key, to resume I am presented with a login box. Is there
    > anyway I can configure the machine to not present this? I have looked
    > everywhere for the appropriate box to tick or untick, without success.
    >
    > Regards from New Zealand on a very pleasant Tuesday evening.
    >
    > David
    > --
    > David Love

    Open up Personal Settings (Configure Desktop). Click on Appearance &
    Themes. Click on Screen Saver. Near the bottom of the right panel
    uncheck "Require password to stop."

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  2. Re: Login - openSSE 10.3

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Darrell Stec wrote:-

    >Open up Personal Settings (Configure Desktop). Click on Appearance &
    >Themes.

    Or, for a slightly quicker way of doing the exact same thing, you can
    right click on the desktop, select the menu option Configure Desktop and
    then...

    >Click on Screen Saver. Near the bottom of the right panel
    >uncheck "Require password to stop."

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit
    SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit |
    RISC OS 3.11 | RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC

  3. Login - openSSE 10.3

    Hello,

    I have configured user (I am the only one using the computer) for automatic
    login. Works flawlessly but -and there is always a BUT :-) - when I leave
    the computer and the screensaver comes into play, as soon as I move the
    mouse, or hit a key, to resume I am presented with a login box. Is there
    anyway I can configure the machine to not present this? I have looked
    everywhere for the appropriate box to tick or untick, without success.

    Regards from New Zealand on a very pleasant Tuesday evening.

    David
    --
    David Love

  4. Re: Login - openSSE 10.3

    David Bolt wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Darrell Stec wrote:-
    >

    > > Open up Personal Settings (Configure Desktop). Click on Appearance &
    > > Themes.

    > Or, for a slightly quicker way of doing the exact same thing, you can
    > right click on the desktop, select the menu option Configure Desktop and
    > then...
    >
    > > Click on Screen Saver. Near the bottom of the right panel uncheck
    > > "Require password to stop."

    Thank you both. Problem now solved.

    David
    --