disable onboard sound - Suse

This is a discussion on disable onboard sound - Suse ; Hi, I have a USB soundcard connected to my computer, which works fine. The only problem is that whenever I reboot the PC, the onboard sound gets reactivated and replaces the USB. I have to go back into Yast, delete ...

  1. disable onboard sound

    Hi,

    I have a USB soundcard connected to my computer, which works fine. The
    only problem is that whenever I reboot the PC, the onboard sound gets
    reactivated and replaces the USB. I have to go back into Yast, delete
    the onboard sound, and reinstall the USB, which is a major drag to do
    every time. Is there a way for me to keep the sound configuration fixed?
    It doesn't seem like I can disable the onboard sound in the BIOS.

    Thanks,
    Michael

  2. Re: disable onboard sound

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:36:25 +0200, Michael Goerz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a USB soundcard connected to my computer, which works fine. The
    > only problem is that whenever I reboot the PC, the onboard sound gets
    > reactivated and replaces the USB. I have to go back into Yast, delete
    > the onboard sound, and reinstall the USB, which is a major drag to do
    > every time. Is there a way for me to keep the sound configuration fixed?
    > It doesn't seem like I can disable the onboard sound in the BIOS.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    Recheck your bios settings. Look (in the advanced section?) for onboard
    audio and set to disabled.

  3. Re: disable onboard sound

    graham wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:36:25 +0200, Michael Goerz wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a USB soundcard connected to my computer, which works fine. The
    >> only problem is that whenever I reboot the PC, the onboard sound gets
    >> reactivated and replaces the USB. I have to go back into Yast, delete
    >> the onboard sound, and reinstall the USB, which is a major drag to do
    >> every time. Is there a way for me to keep the sound configuration fixed?
    >> It doesn't seem like I can disable the onboard sound in the BIOS.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Michael

    > Recheck your bios settings. Look (in the advanced section?) for onboard
    > audio and set to disabled.

    Found it after all. It had a pretty obscure name...

+ Reply to Thread