allow LAN with Firewall - Suse

This is a discussion on allow LAN with Firewall - Suse ; Hi, in the Suse Firewall, which is configurable in YaST, how can I allow services to be accessed by a certain IP-range only? Specifically, I'd like to allow access to the NFS server only to machines on the LAN (192.168.0.*). ...

  1. allow LAN with Firewall

    Hi,

    in the Suse Firewall, which is configurable in YaST, how can I allow
    services to be accessed by a certain IP-range only? Specifically, I'd
    like to allow access to the NFS server only to machines on the LAN
    (192.168.0.*).

    Is there a possibility to switch off the firewall, i.e. to do no
    filtering at all for LAN adresses as well?

    Thanks,
    Michael

  2. Re: allow LAN with Firewall

    Hi,

    Michael Goerz wrote:
    > in the Suse Firewall, which is configurable in YaST, how can I allow
    > services to be accessed by a certain IP-range only? Specifically, I'd
    > like to allow access to the NFS server only to machines on the LAN
    > (192.168.0.*).
    >
    > Is there a possibility to switch off the firewall, i.e. to do no
    > filtering at all for LAN adresses as well?

    see FW_TRUSTED_NETS and frieds.

    kind regards,
    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread