10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install - Suse ; On my Dell Dimension 8100, I upgraded to 10.3. But it was very difficult. Although the PC booted off the DVD (on hdc1) as soon as it booted, it was unable to find the repository or the dvd. I solved ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

  1. 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On my Dell Dimension 8100, I upgraded to 10.3. But it was very
    difficult. Although the PC booted off the DVD (on hdc1) as soon as it
    booted, it was unable to find the repository or the dvd. I solved this
    by copying the dvd to the hard disk (luckily I have 3) and installing
    off of that. A network install did not work for me either. I had tried
    an upgrade from 10.2, but was unable to resolve the conflicts, so I
    did a clean install on a different disk (lucky I have 3).

    But now that 10.3 is installed and running, it still cannot find my cd/
    dvd. How do I get it back? It was there in 10.2. What has changed?

    Thanks,
    Jim Rome


  2. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > On my Dell Dimension 8100, I upgraded to 10.3. But it was very
    > difficult. Although the PC booted off the DVD (on hdc1) as soon as it
    > booted, it was unable to find the repository or the dvd. I solved this
    > by copying the dvd to the hard disk (luckily I have 3) and installing
    > off of that. A network install did not work for me either. I had tried
    > an upgrade from 10.2, but was unable to resolve the conflicts, so I
    > did a clean install on a different disk (lucky I have 3).
    >
    > But now that 10.3 is installed and running, it still cannot find my cd/
    > dvd. How do I get it back? It was there in 10.2. What has changed?
    >
    > Thanks,


    Hi Jim,

    here is a bug
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    ll /dev/sr*
    it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    open console, su (give password) and then run above command.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  3. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 15, 1:26 am, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    > > On my Dell Dimension 8100, I upgraded to 10.3. But it was very
    > > difficult. Although the PC booted off the DVD (on hdc1) as soon as it
    > > booted, it was unable to find the repository or the dvd. I solved this
    > > by copying the dvd to the hard disk (luckily I have 3) and installing
    > > off of that. A network install did not work for me either. I had tried
    > > an upgrade from 10.2, but was unable to resolve the conflicts, so I
    > > did a clean install on a different disk (lucky I have 3).

    >
    > > But now that 10.3 is installed and running, it still cannot find my cd/
    > > dvd. How do I get it back? It was there in 10.2. What has changed?

    >
    > > Thanks,

    >
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > here is a bug
    > https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    > try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    > ll /dev/sr*
    > it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    > open console, su (give password) and then run above command.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.


    There are NO devices sr* or hdc* in /dev. How does one create them?


  4. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    ....
    >> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    >> try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    >> ll /dev/sr*
    >> it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    >> open console, su (give password) and then run above command.

    ....
    >
    > There are NO devices sr* or hdc* in /dev. How does one create them?


    The /dev/hdc is now /dev/sr0 as openSUSE 10.3 is using libata.

    In Comment #23
    # ps -afx |grep ha1
    it is:
    # ps -afx |grep hal
    the last character is L not 'one', but that you should use after:
    # /etc/init.d/haldaemon restart
    it is haLdemon :-) that should find and create device.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  5. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 15, 1:16 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    >
    > ...
    >
    > >> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    > >> try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    > >> ll /dev/sr*
    > >> it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    > >> open console, su (give password) and then run above command.

    > ...
    >
    > > There are NO devices sr* or hdc* in /dev. How does one create them?

    >
    > The /dev/hdc is now /dev/sr0 as openSUSE 10.3 is using libata.
    >
    > In Comment #23
    > # ps -afx |grep ha1
    > it is:
    > # ps -afx |grep hal
    > the last character is L not 'one', but that you should use after:
    > # /etc/init.d/haldaemon restart
    > it is haLdemon :-) that should find and create device.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko


    ps -afx gives an error message on my system by the way.... But I
    restarted the daemon and still no devices.
    Thanks,
    Jim

    romeja:/etc/init.d # ./haldaemon restart
    Shutting down HAL daemon
    done
    Starting HAL daemon
    done
    Loading CPUFreq modules (CPUFreq not supported)
    romeja:/etc/init.d # ls /dev
    ..udev hw_random md24 ptyp9 ptyrc shm tty33
    tty8 ttyq9 ttysc
    adsp hwrng md25 ptypa ptyrd skip tty34
    tty9 ttyqa ttysd
    agpgart i2c-0 md26 ptypb ptyre snapshot tty35
    ttyS0 ttyqb ttyse
    audio initctl md27 ptypc ptyrf snd tty36
    ttyS1 ttyqc ttysf
    blog input md28 ptypd ptys0 stderr tty37
    ttyS2 ttyqd urandom
    bootsplash kmem md29 ptype ptys1 stdin tty38
    ttyS3 ttyqe usbdev1.1_ep00
    bus kmsg md3 ptypf ptys2 stdout tty39
    ttyS4 ttyqf usbdev1.1_ep81
    console log md30 ptyq0 ptys3 tty tty4
    ttyS5 ttyr0 usbdev2.1_ep00
    core loop0 md31 ptyq1 ptys4 tty0 tty40
    ttyS6 ttyr1 usbdev2.1_ep81
    cpu loop1 md4 ptyq2 ptys5 tty1 tty41
    ttyS7 ttyr2 vcs
    device-mapper loop2 md5 ptyq3 ptys6 tty10 tty42
    ttyp0 ttyr3 vcs1
    disk loop3 md6 ptyq4 ptys7 tty11 tty43
    ttyp1 ttyr4 vcs10
    dmmidi loop4 md7 ptyq5 ptys8 tty12 tty44
    ttyp2 ttyr5 vcs2
    dsp loop5 md8 ptyq6 ptys9 tty13 tty45
    ttyp3 ttyr6 vcs3
    fb0 loop6 md9 ptyq7 ptysa tty14 tty46
    ttyp4 ttyr7 vcs4
    fd loop7 mem ptyq8 ptysb tty15 tty47
    ttyp5 ttyr8 vcs5
    fd0 lp0 midi ptyq9 ptysc tty16 tty48
    ttyp6 ttyr9 vcs6
    fd0u1040 mapper mixer ptyqa ptysd tty17 tty49
    ttyp7 ttyra vcs7
    fd0u1120 md0 net ptyqb ptyse tty18 tty5
    ttyp8 ttyrb vcsa
    fd0u1440 md1 null ptyqc ptysf tty19 tty50
    ttyp9 ttyrc vcsa1
    fd0u1600 md10 oldmem ptyqd random tty2 tty51
    ttypa ttyrd vcsa10
    fd0u1680 md11 port ptyqe route tty20 tty52
    ttypb ttyre vcsa2
    fd0u1722 md12 ppp ptyqf rtc tty21 tty53
    ttypc ttyrf vcsa3
    fd0u1743 md13 psaux ptyr0 sda tty22 tty54
    ttypd ttys0 vcsa4
    fd0u1760 md14 ptmx ptyr1 sda1 tty23 tty55
    ttype ttys1 vcsa5
    fd0u1840 md15 pts ptyr2 sda2 tty24 tty56
    ttypf ttys2 vcsa6
    fd0u1920 md16 ptyp0 ptyr3 sdb tty25 tty57
    ttyq0 ttys3 vcsa7
    fd0u360 md17 ptyp1 ptyr4 sdb1 tty26 tty58
    ttyq1 ttys4 watchdog
    fd0u720 md18 ptyp2 ptyr5 sdb2 tty27 tty59
    ttyq2 ttys5 xconsole
    fd0u800 md19 ptyp3 ptyr6 sdb3 tty28 tty6
    ttyq3 ttys6 zero
    fd0u820 md2 ptyp4 ptyr7 sdc tty29 tty60
    ttyq4 ttys7
    fd0u830 md20 ptyp5 ptyr8 sdc1 tty3 tty61
    ttyq5 ttys8
    full md21 ptyp6 ptyr9 sg0 tty30 tty62
    ttyq6 ttys9
    fwmonitor md22 ptyp7 ptyra sg1 tty31 tty63
    ttyq7 ttysa
    hpet md23 ptyp8 ptyrb sg2 tty32 tty7
    ttyq8 ttysb
    romeja:/etc/init.d
    #


  6. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:02:36 -0700, jamesromeongmail.com wrote:


    >
    > ps -afx gives an error message on my system by the way.... But I
    > restarted the daemon and still no devices. Thanks,


    Try it without the '-' sign.

  7. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > On Oct 15, 1:16 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    >> jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> ...
    >>
    >> >> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    >> >> try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    >> >> ll /dev/sr*
    >> >> it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    >> >> open console, su (give password) and then run above command.

    >> ...
    >>
    >> > There are NO devices sr* or hdc* in /dev. How does one create them?

    >>
    >> The /dev/hdc is now /dev/sr0 as openSUSE 10.3 is using libata.
    >>
    >> In Comment #23
    >> # ps -afx |grep ha1
    >> it is:
    >> # ps -afx |grep hal
    >> the last character is L not 'one', but that you should use after:
    >> # /etc/init.d/haldaemon restart
    >> it is haLdemon :-) that should find and create device.

    ....
    > ps -afx gives an error message on my system by the way.... But I
    > restarted the daemon and still no devices.
    > Thanks,
    > Jim


    I forgot to correct that too.
    See graham's answer, it should be without dash '-'.

    > romeja:/etc/init.d # ./haldaemon restart
    > Shutting down HAL daemon
    > done
    > Starting HAL daemon
    > done
    > Loading CPUFreq modules (CPUFreq not supported)
    > romeja:/etc/init.d # ls /dev


    OK device is not created.

    In comment 16:
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952#c16
    reporter used:
    lshal -m
    to monitor device list, and had some output when he inserted CD/DVD.
    Can you check that on your computer.


    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  8. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 17, 1:11 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    > > On Oct 15, 1:16 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > >> jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    >
    > >> ...

    >
    > >> >> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952
    > >> >> try first to test is /dev/sr0 (that is current name) present with:
    > >> >> ll /dev/sr*
    > >> >> it should list drives. You have to be root. You know the drill:
    > >> >> open console, su (give password) and then run above command.
    > >> ...

    >
    > >> > There are NO devices sr* or hdc* in /dev. How does one create them?

    >
    > >> The /dev/hdc is now /dev/sr0 as openSUSE 10.3 is using libata.

    >
    > >> In Comment #23
    > >> # ps -afx |grep ha1
    > >> it is:
    > >> # ps -afx |grep hal
    > >> the last character is L not 'one', but that you should use after:
    > >> # /etc/init.d/haldaemon restart
    > >> it is haLdemon :-) that should find and create device.

    > ...
    > > ps -afx gives an error message on my system by the way.... But I
    > > restarted the daemon and still no devices.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Jim

    >
    > I forgot to correct that too.
    > See graham's answer, it should be without dash '-'.
    >
    > > romeja:/etc/init.d # ./haldaemon restart
    > > Shutting down HAL daemon
    > > done
    > > Starting HAL daemon
    > > done
    > > Loading CPUFreq modules (CPUFreq not supported)
    > > romeja:/etc/init.d # ls /dev

    >
    > OK device is not created.
    >
    > In comment 16:
    > https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952#c16
    > reporter used:
    > lshal -m
    > to monitor device list, and had some output when he inserted CD/DVD.
    > Can you check that on your computer.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.


    I did that too and got no response.

    That is my stuff at the end of that Novell link by the way. They seem
    to be not responding at all, so I appreciate your help.


  9. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    >>
    >> In comment 16:
    >> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952#c16
    >> reporter used:
    >> lshal -m
    >> to monitor device list, and had some output when he inserted CD/DVD.
    >> Can you check that on your computer.

    >
    > I did that too and got no response.
    >
    > That is my stuff at the end of that Novell link by the way. They seem
    > to be not responding at all, so I appreciate your help.


    When they do you will get email, but if they can reproduce bug on their
    machines than they don't contact reporters until they have patch.
    The bug is serious enough and they for sure have it on radar.

    I would try this:
    tail -f /var/log/messages
    and than put CD or DVD in drive. Kernel should show some activity. If not
    than it can be kernel driver bug, and for now we can't do much, but to
    wait.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  10. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 18, 3:59 am, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >> In comment 16:
    > >>https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=326952#c16
    > >> reporter used:
    > >> lshal -m
    > >> to monitor device list, and had some output when he inserted CD/DVD.
    > >> Can you check that on your computer.

    >
    > > I did that too and got no response.

    >
    > > That is my stuff at the end of that Novell link by the way. They seem
    > > to be not responding at all, so I appreciate your help.

    >
    > When they do you will get email, but if they can reproduce bug on their
    > machines than they don't contact reporters until they have patch.
    > The bug is serious enough and they for sure have it on radar.
    >
    > I would try this:
    > tail -f /var/log/messages
    > and than put CD or DVD in drive. Kernel should show some activity. If not
    > than it can be kernel driver bug, and for now we can't do much, but to
    > wait.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.


    could it just be a missing device driver? Are they all in the kernel?
    If not, how do I add it? Can I take it from 10.2?


  11. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    ....
    >> I would try this:
    >> tail -f /var/log/messages
    >> and than put CD or DVD in drive. Kernel should show some activity. If not
    >> than it can be kernel driver bug, and for now we can't do much, but to

    ....
    > could it just be a missing device driver? Are they all in the kernel?
    > If not, how do I add it? Can I take it from 10.2?


    This is a kernel libata problem, and 10.2 has no clue about libata, besides
    that driver modules are compiled for certain kernel version. Kernel will
    refuse to load driver module that is compiled for different version.

    Now back to search for a solution.

    1) ***********
    I'm reading your dmesg on bugzilla, this time 'by hand', ie. line by line:
    ....
    <4>ata2: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0x80)
    <3>ata2: SRST failed (errno=-16)
    ....
    I can see that 2 hard disks are on ata1. This ata2 seems to be DVD drive.

    2) ***********
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=332316
    Mentioned that there is problem if drive is slave (which is a lot of
    drives), and that it was solved by connecting DVD as master.
    You have additional drives, so you should know how to do it :-)
    but just in case:
    http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...le_connections

    One of developers asked to try kernel parameters:
    acpi=off
    and
    pci=nomsi
    As it is a Dell computer there is no information who made motherboard, so
    you can try pci=nomsi just in case that mobo is MSI.

    If those fail, connect drive as master (/dev/hdc, /dev/sdc) instead of hard
    disk, and see if you can access DVD.


    3) ***********
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=299911
    You may try to use kernel parameter [see 1]
    libata.pata_dma=1

    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=332316
    Mentioned that there is problem if drive is slave (which is a lot of
    drives), and that it was solved by connecting DVD as master. One of
    developers asked to try kernel parameters:
    acpi=off pci=nomsi


    [1] To enter kernel parameter on boot grub screen, just type in parameter,
    for instance:
    libata.pata_dma=1
    and press Enter.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  12. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 19, 5:25 am, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    >
    > ...
    >
    > >> I would try this:
    > >> tail -f /var/log/messages
    > >> and than put CD or DVD in drive. Kernel should show some activity. If not
    > >> than it can be kernel driver bug, and for now we can't do much, but to

    > ...
    > > could it just be a missing device driver? Are they all in the kernel?
    > > If not, how do I add it? Can I take it from 10.2?

    >
    > This is a kernel libata problem, and 10.2 has no clue about libata, besides
    > that driver modules are compiled for certain kernel version. Kernel will
    > refuse to load driver module that is compiled for different version.
    >
    > Now back to search for a solution.
    >
    > 1) ***********
    > I'm reading your dmesg on bugzilla, this time 'by hand', ie. line by line:
    > ...
    > <4>ata2: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0x80)
    > <3>ata2: SRST failed (errno=-16)
    > ...
    > I can see that 2 hard disks are on ata1. This ata2 seems to be DVD drive.
    >
    > 2) ***********https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=332316
    > Mentioned that there is problem if drive is slave (which is a lot of
    > drives), and that it was solved by connecting DVD as master.
    > You have additional drives, so you should know how to do it :-)
    > but just in case:http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...echovu.htm#ide...
    >
    > One of developers asked to try kernel parameters:
    > acpi=off
    > and
    > pci=nomsi
    > As it is a Dell computer there is no information who made motherboard, so
    > you can try pci=nomsi just in case that mobo is MSI.
    >
    > If those fail, connect drive as master (/dev/hdc, /dev/sdc) instead of hard
    > disk, and see if you can access DVD.
    >
    > 3) ***********https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=299911
    > You may try to use kernel parameter [see 1]
    > libata.pata_dma=1
    >
    > https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=332316
    > Mentioned that there is problem if drive is slave (which is a lot of
    > drives), and that it was solved by connecting DVD as master. One of
    > developers asked to try kernel parameters:
    > acpi=off pci=nomsi
    >
    > [1] To enter kernel parameter on boot grub screen, just type in parameter,
    > for instance:
    > libata.pata_dma=1
    > and press Enter.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.


    Booting with all of those parameters made no difference. The device
    monitor is silent. Nothing gets put in the /var/log/messages file when
    I insert a cd. There is still no /dev/sr*

    I'll open it up later on and see about the Master/slave issue. This is
    a major bug, and so far Novell has not even responded to this.


  13. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install


    >
    > Booting with all of those parameters made no difference. The device
    > monitor is silent. Nothing gets put in the /var/log/messages file when
    > I insert a cd. There is still no /dev/sr*
    >
    > I'll open it up later on and see about the Master/slave issue. This is
    > a major bug, and so far Novell has not even responded to this.


    Rajko,

    Thank you. You were correct. It was the Master/Slave issue.

    I have two drives, both of which were set on cable select. But one of
    them was on a "T" power connector that was apparently faulty. It was
    the Master I guess.

    I set the top drive (Pioneer) to Master via its jumper, and the bottom
    (Sony) to Slave via its jumper, removed the "T", and 10.3 found both
    drives.

    Thanks again,
    Jim


  14. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    >
    >>
    >> Booting with all of those parameters made no difference. The device
    >> monitor is silent. Nothing gets put in the /var/log/messages file when
    >> I insert a cd. There is still no /dev/sr*
    >>
    >> I'll open it up later on and see about the Master/slave issue. This is
    >> a major bug, and so far Novell has not even responded to this.

    >
    > Rajko,
    >
    > Thank you. You were correct. It was the Master/Slave issue.
    >
    > I have two drives, both of which were set on cable select. But one of
    > them was on a "T" power connector that was apparently faulty. It was
    > the Master I guess.
    >
    > I set the top drive (Pioneer) to Master via its jumper, and the bottom
    > (Sony) to Slave via its jumper, removed the "T", and 10.3 found both
    > drives.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Jim


    It was Master/Slave issue, but not in the way it was meant in the bug
    report :-) there was problem just fact that drive is set as a slave,
    nothing about power supply. Anyway problem is solved and you have your
    CD/DVD drive again.

    Now it would be fair to tell in bug report that problem was hardware issue
    and it is solved by replacing faulty power cable, so that Novell/SUSE guys
    know it is not buggy kernel. It can also help others that might have
    similar hardware to check that too.

    Thank you for the feedback.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  15. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Oct 20, 3:54 am, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >> Booting with all of those parameters made no difference. The device
    > >> monitor is silent. Nothing gets put in the /var/log/messages file when
    > >> I insert a cd. There is still no /dev/sr*

    >
    > >> I'll open it up later on and see about the Master/slave issue. This is
    > >> a major bug, and so far Novell has not even responded to this.

    >
    > > Rajko,

    >
    > > Thank you. You were correct. It was the Master/Slave issue.

    >
    > > I have two drives, both of which were set on cable select. But one of
    > > them was on a "T" power connector that was apparently faulty. It was
    > > the Master I guess.

    >
    > > I set the top drive (Pioneer) to Master via its jumper, and the bottom
    > > (Sony) to Slave via its jumper, removed the "T", and 10.3 found both
    > > drives.

    >
    > > Thanks again,
    > > Jim

    >
    > It was Master/Slave issue, but not in the way it was meant in the bug
    > report :-) there was problem just fact that drive is set as a slave,
    > nothing about power supply. Anyway problem is solved and you have your
    > CD/DVD drive again.
    >
    > Now it would be fair to tell in bug report that problem was hardware issue
    > and it is solved by replacing faulty power cable, so that Novell/SUSE guys
    > know it is not buggy kernel. It can also help others that might have
    > similar hardware to check that too.
    >
    > Thank you for the feedback.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.


    I told them. But it is a bug. I have two drives. One was dead because
    of the power cord, but that is just like having just one drive set as
    the slave. And the identical configuration works in 10.2 (which is
    still on there).


  16. Re: 10.3 cannot find my cd/dvd after the install

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:04:02 -0700, jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > I told them. But it is a bug. I have two drives. One was dead because
    > of the power cord, but that is just like having just one drive set as
    > the slave. And the identical configuration works in 10.2 (which is
    > still on there).


    Hardware is not expected to work at all in the configuration you describe.

    The inability of something to cope gracefully with a situation that
    should never arise is not necessarily a bug.

+ Reply to Thread