Years ago I built a HUGE menu tree to mount/unmount
assorted partitions on up to four disks, two floppy
drives, Optical etc. with optional filesystem specs
(mount as ext2, minix, vfat, reiserfs whatever for
each device). Copied into /opt/kde3/share/applinks the
menu is available to all users subject to su password.

Now some of them don't work anymore. A typical entry
looks like

Exec=mount -t vfat /dev/sda3 /0/sa03

but when selected the menu error message

-t vfat /dev/sda3 /0/sa03

pops up. Some newly created entries saved under user
home also fail with the same symptom AND the command
is already truncated in the su password dialog.

Is there a command length constraint in there somewhere?
I just noticed this recently (suse-10.2) and don't know
how long it's been acting up.

@ wits end.