Does OpenSuse Support the HZ= Kernel Parameter at Boot? - Suse

This is a discussion on Does OpenSuse Support the HZ= Kernel Parameter at Boot? - Suse ; Hello, I am using a test application that relies upon kernel jiffies for increments of delay. I was told that I could increase or decrease this resolution at boot by entering HZ= (100, 250, or 1000). However, when I do ...

  1. Does OpenSuse Support the HZ= Kernel Parameter at Boot?

    Hello,

    I am using a test application that relies upon kernel jiffies for increments
    of delay. I was told that I could increase or decrease this resolution at
    boot by entering HZ= (100, 250, or 1000). However, when I do this, I'm not
    noticing any noticeable variation in delay.

    I know that I can compile a kernel for a specific HZ rating, but as I want
    to experiment with various settings on the fly, I thought that a kernel
    parameter at boot would be so much nicer.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Thanks,

    Jay

  2. Re: Does OpenSuse Support the HZ= Kernel Parameter at Boot?

    Hi,

    jaylucasaustin.rr.com wrote:
    > I am using a test application that relies upon kernel jiffies for increments
    > of delay. I was told that I could increase or decrease this resolution at
    > boot by entering HZ= (100, 250, or 1000). However, when I do this, I'm not
    > noticing any noticeable variation in delay.
    >
    > I know that I can compile a kernel for a specific HZ rating, but as I want
    > to experiment with various settings on the fly, I thought that a kernel
    > parameter at boot would be so much nicer.

    You can have more than one kernel image.

    kind regards,
    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread