usb automount - Suse

This is a discussion on usb automount - Suse ; Hi, how can I switch off the automatic mounting of usb devices in /media? They are usually mounted with wrong permissions, so I have manual mount scripts that I used for specific devices (which also allows me to do more ...

  1. usb automount

    Hi,

    how can I switch off the automatic mounting of usb devices in /media?
    They are usually mounted with wrong permissions, so I have manual mount
    scripts that I used for specific devices (which also allows me to do
    more stuff, such as automatic sync'ing). So, the automount get in the way.

    This is a Suse 10.3 system.

    Thanks,
    Michael

  2. Re: usb automount

    "Michael Goerz" schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > how can I switch off the automatic mounting of usb devices in /media?
    > They are usually mounted with wrong permissions, so I have manual mount
    > scripts that I used for specific devices (which also allows me to do
    > more stuff, such as automatic sync'ing). So, the automount get in the way.
    >
    > This is a Suse 10.3 system.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    chkconfig -d autofs