acer 1800 wireless - Suse

This is a discussion on acer 1800 wireless - Suse ; hi installed openSUSE 10.3 from dvd on acer aspire 1800 the installation was on safe settings, because with default setting i didn't have keyboard. after the installtion i did confugure another bootloader for acpi setting, enz. but the wireless part ...

  1. acer 1800 wireless

    hi
    installed openSUSE 10.3 from dvd on acer aspire 1800
    the installation was on safe settings, because with default setting i didn't
    have keyboard. after the installtion i did confugure another bootloader for
    acpi setting, enz.

    but the wireless part won't not active onstartup.
    i use ndiswrapper & win driver.
    where are the config files for active wlan on boot?
    over yast i doesn't work good.
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  2. Re: acer 1800 wireless

    Op Sat, 13 Oct 2007 06:59:47 +0000, schreef EOS:

    > hi
    > installed openSUSE 10.3 from dvd on acer aspire 1800 the installation
    > was on safe settings, because with default setting i didn't have
    > keyboard. after the installtion i did confugure another bootloader for
    > acpi setting, enz.
    >
    > but the wireless part won't not active onstartup. i use ndiswrapper &
    > win driver.
    > where are the config files for active wlan on boot? over yast i doesn't
    > work good.

    I have the same experience with my Acer Ferrari 4000
    my Broadcom wireless BCM43xx is recognised
    but both open suse 10.2 and 10.3 are not activating the radio
    it seems that acpi is not happy to activate that

    such a shame because opensuse looks great but without my wireless it is
    useless

    mandriva and sabayon do not have that problem and are working happy
    so perhaps you should give that a try

    Cheers
    Henry

  3. Re: acer 1800 wireless

    henry wrote:

    > mandriva and sabayon do not have that problem and are working happy
    > so perhaps you should give that a try

    oh no way ;-)
    the problem is not solved but with a script it works.

    but my problem is just let the system know that on boot
    active wlan0 with ndiswrapper.
    my bootlog says "wlan0 ---> No interface found"
    with "/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up | /etc/init.d/network restart"
    is the wireless up & running.
    that's way i asked "where are these configfiles"
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.7 / openSUSE 10.3