10.3 : Alt F2 : no ftp - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 : Alt F2 : no ftp - Suse ; Hi, I upgraded to opensuse 10.3 : in 10.2 I used Alt F2 for ftp and sftp connect, and that worked well. but on 10.3 if I tpye in username: for example: ftpusername it changes it to something like: ftpu..ame ...

  1. 10.3 : Alt F2 : no ftp

    Hi,

    I upgraded to opensuse 10.3 :
    in 10.2 I used Alt F2 for ftp and sftp connect, and that worked well.
    but on 10.3 if I tpye in username:
    for example: ftpusername
    it changes it to something like: ftpu..ame
    after that I get error: username is wrong, of course.

    what can I do ?

    thanks for help.

    regards
    Alex

  2. Re: 10.3 : Alt F2 : no ftp

    Alexander Burger wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I upgraded to opensuse 10.3 :
    > in 10.2 I used Alt F2 for ftp and sftp connect, and that worked well.
    > but on 10.3 if I tpye in username:
    > for example: ftpusername
    > it changes it to something like: ftpu..ame
    > after that I get error: username is wrong, of course.
    >
    > what can I do ?
    >
    > thanks for help.
    >
    > regards
    > Alex

    You don't specify what program or even what desktop you try to do this in.
    For example, in my KDE desktop, Alt F2 pulls up the run command. I'm also
    using 10.3 and this by far has been the most painless upgrade via clean
    install I have ever seen.

    Dave

  3. Re: 10.3 : Alt F2 : no ftp

    David W Studeman wrote:

    > Alexander Burger wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I upgraded to opensuse 10.3 :
    >> in 10.2 I used Alt F2 for ftp and sftp connect, and that worked well.
    >> but on 10.3 if I tpye in username:
    >> for example: ftpusername
    >> it changes it to something like: ftpu..ame
    >> after that I get error: username is wrong, of course.
    >>
    >> what can I do ?
    >>
    >> thanks for help.
    >>
    >> regards
    >> Alex

    > You don't specify what program or even what desktop you try to do this in.

    oh, sorry, yes.
    it is KDE desktop.
    but on that KDE desktop I just use
    Alt F2
    for executing commands
    there I type in for example:
    sftp://anyuser@anydomain
    after that, the system ask me, which password:
    but in the way: for user an..ser please type in the password.
    I type in the password. After that system tells me,
    wrong user an..ser.
    of course: user an..ser doesn't exist.

    > For example, in my KDE desktop, Alt F2 pulls up the run command. I'm also
    > using 10.3 and this by far has been the most painless upgrade via clean
    > install I have ever seen.

    yes, there was really some trouble I had.
    never before I had such problems.
    with sound, there seems to be trouble with sounddrivers:
    sound is very slow.

    thanks and
    regards
    Alex