(OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux - Suse

This is a discussion on (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux - Suse ; Wotta coinkydink... Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead: Patent Infringement Lawsuit Filed Against Red Hat & Novell - Just Like Ballmer Predicted .... So in July one Microsoft executive arrives; then as of October 1, ...

  1. (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Wotta coinkydink...

    Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:

    Patent Infringement Lawsuit Filed Against Red Hat & Novell - Just Like
    Ballmer Predicted

    So in July one Microsoft executive arrives; then as of October 1,
    there is the second, a patent guy. October 9, IP Innovation, a
    subsidiary, sues Red Hat. And Novell. So much for being Microsoft's
    little buddy.

    I think SCO II has arrived. Except it won't be just one. It will be
    one after another, just like Ballmer predicted. Until Linux gives up
    the ghost. In their dreams. Here's how to fix it: fix the patent
    regime, as Ballmer calls it. Otherwise, it will destroy all innovation
    and you'll be stuck in Vista. Eek. Plus at this rate, I'll never get a
    vacation.

    Brilliant, Novell. Where's BogoPatent buddy M$ now that you need them?

    These mofos think I won't download twm, KDE, or Gnome from outside the US
    if this nonsense is sustained? I'll move to New Zealand before I have any
    of these pointyhair parasites try to ru(i)n my life again.

    More:

  2. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.os.linux.suse.]
    Harold Stevens wrote:
    > Wotta coinkydink...

    If (OT) posting is allowed, can I interest people in V|/\gra by posting:
    (OT) V|/\gra for sale.

    Just wondering.

    houghi
    --
    You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try. - Homer J. Simpson.

  3. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Harold Stevens writes:

    > Wotta coinkydink...
    >
    > Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:

    Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?

    Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    COLA.

    Do everyone a favour and go boil your head. And take Willy Poaster and
    Roy Culley with you. None of you ever help any new Linux users and just
    boast about your "up time" and your news reader filters.

    You are, quite simply, pathetic.

  4. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    In article , Hadron wrote:
    >Harold Stevens writes:
    >
    >> Wotta coinkydink...
    >>
    >> Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:

    >Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >
    >Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >COLA.

    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

  5. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    who cares? illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > In article , Hadron wrote:
    >>Harold Stevens writes:
    >>
    >>> Wotta coinkydink...
    >>>
    >>> Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:

    >>Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >>
    >>Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >>lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >>COLA.
    >>

    > Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    It's a place full of "oneupmanship" knobjockeys that is best left alone.

    Or alternatively....
    comp.os.linux.advocacy.

    Visit at your peril. It's full of knuckledraggers.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  6. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    In article <5na2drFh8disU6@mid.individual.net>, Moog wrote:
    >who cares? illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> In article , Hadron

    > wrote:

    >>>Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >>>
    >>>Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >>>lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >>>COLA.
    >>>

    >> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    >It's a place full of "oneupmanship" knobjockeys that is best left alone.
    >
    >Or alternatively....
    >comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    >
    >Visit at your peril. It's full of knuckledraggers.

    Thanks for the reply, I believe I will leave it alone.

    I have recieved enough bruises in rec.aviation.homebuilt.

  7. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Moog schrieb:

    >> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    > It's a place full of "oneupmanship" knobjockeys that is best left alone.

    No, no, you misunderstood the importance of COLA at all. COLA is there so
    *this* place can be more peaceful.

    Bow before the inhabitants of COLA and their troll tarpit! ^___^

    Kind regards

    Jan

  8. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:32:26 +0000, Harold Stevens wrote:

    > Wotta coinkydink...
    >
    > Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:
    >
    > Patent Infringement Lawsuit Filed Against Red Hat & Novell - Just Like
    > Ballmer Predicted
    >
    > So in July one Microsoft executive arrives; then as of October 1,
    > there is the second, a patent guy. October 9, IP Innovation, a
    > subsidiary, sues Red Hat. And Novell. So much for being Microsoft's
    > little buddy.
    >
    > I think SCO II has arrived. Except it won't be just one. It will be
    > one after another, just like Ballmer predicted. Until Linux gives up
    > the ghost. In their dreams. Here's how to fix it: fix the patent
    > regime, as Ballmer calls it. Otherwise, it will destroy all innovation
    > and you'll be stuck in Vista. Eek. Plus at this rate, I'll never get a
    > vacation.
    >
    > Brilliant, Novell. Where's BogoPatent buddy M$ now that you need them?
    >
    > These mofos think I won't download twm, KDE, or Gnome from outside the US
    > if this nonsense is sustained? I'll move to New Zealand before I have any
    > of these pointyhair parasites try to ru(i)n my life again.

    great - that makes one.

    > More:
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71011205044141

  9. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    deaddrop@verizon.net (who cares?) writes:

    >In article , Hadron wrote:
    >>Harold Stevens writes:
    >>
    >>> Wotta coinkydink...
    >>>
    >>> Monkey Boy gets another lawsuit-by-proxy again, now that SCOx is dead:

    >>Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >>
    >>Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >>lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >>COLA.
    >>

    >Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    comp.os.linux.advocacy

  10. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    who cares? wrote:
    > Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    Spanish for ... oh, never mind, that's CULO.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    He that complies against his will is of the same opinion still.
    -- Samuel Butler, 1612-1680

  11. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Moog wrote:
    > who cares? illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >>>
    >>> Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >>> lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >>> COLA.
    >>>

    >> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    > It's a place full of "oneupmanship" knobjockeys that is best left alone.
    >
    > Or alternatively....
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    >
    > Visit at your peril. It's full of knuckledraggers.

    It's so sad... I remember the early days when cola was
    comp.os.linux.announce

    Ah how times changed.

  12. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:13:52 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > If (OT) posting is allowed, can I interest people in V|/\gra by posting:
    > (OT) V|/\gra for sale.
    >
    > Just wondering.

    No.
    It's not SUSE, Novell or Linux-related.

  13. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Brian wrote:
    > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:13:52 +0200, houghi wrote:
    >
    >> If (OT) posting is allowed, can I interest people in V|/\gra by posting:
    >> (OT) V|/\gra for sale.
    >>
    >> Just wondering.

    > No.
    > It's not SUSE, Novell or Linux-related.

    So then the (OT) part is irrelevant?

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.

  14. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    houghi wrote:
    > Brian wrote:
    >> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:13:52 +0200, houghi wrote:
    >>
    >>> If (OT) posting is allowed, can I interest people in V|/\gra by posting:
    >>> (OT) V|/\gra for sale.
    >>>
    >>> Just wondering.

    >> No.
    >> It's not SUSE, Novell or Linux-related.

    > So then the (OT) part is irrelevant?

    For those who did not get it: http://tinyurl.com/6kx8y

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.
    -- Tron (1982)

  15. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    Moog wrote:

    > who cares? illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> In article , Hadron
    >> wrote:

    >>>Why did you post this garbage here in these groups?
    >>>
    >>>Good to see that my dire warnings about you are true. You're a
    >>>lightweight fan boy who is only here to turn this NG into another
    >>>COLA.
    >>>

    >> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "COLA"?

    > It's a place full of "oneupmanship" knobjockeys that is best left alone.
    >
    > Or alternatively....
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    >
    > Visit at your peril. It's full of knuckledraggers.

    Not nearly anywhere close to being as bad as the microsoft.public.windows.*

    Cheers.

    --
    Sometimes, I Wake Up Grumpy.
    Sometimes, I Just Let Him Sleep In.

  16. Re: (OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:32:34 +0000, who cares? wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply, I believe I will leave it alone.

    The subject "(OT) US Patent Trolls Target Linux" fits the COLA charter
    but is off topic, as acknowledged by the "OT" part of the topic, for this
    group.

    If you want to discuss patents, COLA's the forum.

    -Thufir

+ Reply to Thread