Install fails - Suse

This is a discussion on Install fails - Suse ; Just d/loaded the suse dvd checked the md5sums were ok...I put the dvd in and rebooted and it went ok up to the point where you get the choice of where to install from I clicked dvd and the installer ...

  1. Install fails

    Just d/loaded the suse dvd checked the md5sums were ok...I put the dvd
    in and rebooted and it went ok up to the point where you get the choice
    of where to install from I clicked dvd and the installer told me it
    could not find the dvd...I also tried a sidux cd and got the same
    result..Both the sidux and the suse run ok on my other box..
    I have the bios set to boot from either cd reader or the burner and I
    got the same result in both...Any ideas what is wrong with this box
    appreciated...The box boots on the existing software...

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager G3TPI

  2. Re: Install fails

    Ted wrote:

    > Just d/loaded the suse dvd checked the md5sums were ok...I put the dvd
    > in and rebooted and it went ok up to the point where you get the choice
    > of where to install from I clicked dvd and the installer told me it
    > could not find the dvd...I also tried a sidux cd and got the same
    > result..Both the sidux and the suse run ok on my other box..
    > I have the bios set to boot from either cd reader or the burner and I
    > got the same result in both...Any ideas what is wrong with this box
    > appreciated...The box boots on the existing software...

    did you do a media check

+ Reply to Thread