KAudioCreator - Suse

This is a discussion on KAudioCreator - Suse ; I am trying to use KAudioCreator to rip CDs (10.3). I have two CD/DVD drives, /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0. The sr0 drive is a lot better. If I use it, the tracks rip very quickly, but the track file name gets ...

  1. KAudioCreator

    I am trying to use KAudioCreator to rip CDs (10.3).

    I have two CD/DVD drives, /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0.

    The sr0 drive is a lot better. If I use it, the tracks rip very
    quickly, but the track file name gets totally munged into
    unrecognizable stuff (8-letter). If I use cdrom, the tracks are named
    properly, but it is glacially slow.

    Why do the track file names get munged if I use /dev/sr0?

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: KAudioCreator

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > I am trying to use KAudioCreator to rip CDs (10.3).
    >
    > I have two CD/DVD drives, /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0.
    >
    > The sr0 drive is a lot better. If I use it, the tracks rip very
    > quickly, but the track file name gets totally munged into
    > unrecognizable stuff (8-letter). If I use cdrom, the tracks are named
    > properly, but it is glacially slow.
    >
    > Why do the track file names get munged if I use /dev/sr0?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    have you tried to ues grip or k3b to rip cds

  3. Re: KAudioCreator

    On Oct 13, 5:17 am, darklight wrote:
    > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    > > I am trying to use KAudioCreator to rip CDs (10.3).

    > > I have two CD/DVD drives, /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0.

    > > The sr0 drive is a lot better. If I use it, the tracks rip very
    > > quickly, but the track file name gets totally munged into
    > > unrecognizable stuff (8-letter). If I use cdrom, the tracks are named
    > > properly, but it is glacially slow.

    > > Why do the track file names get munged if I use /dev/sr0?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Jim

    > have you tried to ues grip or k3b to rip cds

    No, but KAudioCreator is the first program whose interface actually
    worked for me doing classical CDs. So I would like to get it working
    properly.

  4. Re: KAudioCreator

    On Oct 13, 9:08 am, "jamesromeongmail.com"
    wrote:
    > On Oct 13, 5:17 am, darklight wrote:
    >

    > > jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
    > > > I am trying to use KAudioCreator to rip CDs (10.3).

    > > > I have two CD/DVD drives, /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0.

    > > > The sr0 drive is a lot better. If I use it, the tracks rip very
    > > > quickly, but the track file name gets totally munged into
    > > > unrecognizable stuff (8-letter). If I use cdrom, the tracks are named
    > > > properly, but it is glacially slow.

    > > > Why do the track file names get munged if I use /dev/sr0?

    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Jim

    > > have you tried to ues grip or k3b to rip cds

    > No, but KAudioCreator is the first program whose interface actually
    > worked for me doing classical CDs. So I would like to get it working
    > properly.

    grip wouldn't find my better cd drive, and I could not find out how to
    get k3b to create mp3 files using LAME with preset xtreme

+ Reply to Thread