Installation from usbdrive - Suse

This is a discussion on Installation from usbdrive - Suse ; Hi, I'd like to install openSuse 10.3 in German language on a computer having no DVD drive and no boot option from USB. I read the installation-CD only has the installation for English language and it's recommended to add the ...

  1. Installation from usbdrive

    Hi,

    I'd like to install openSuse 10.3 in German language on a computer
    having no DVD drive and no boot option from USB.
    I read the installation-CD only has the installation for English
    language and it's recommended to add the German sources during the
    installation via webinstall.

    I downloaded the DVD and unpacked the iso on an external usb harddisk
    and I'd like to know if (and, if, how) I may install using the harddisk.

    I booted the system with knoppix and tried to make bootdisks from the
    usbdrive with mkbootdisk, but it comes to 14 disks.

    Is it possible to make a boot-CD instead of creating so much bootdisks,
    then boot from the CD and install from usb?

    Thanks for your help,
    Christian

  2. Re: Installation from usbdrive

    yes you can surely do that using the other hard disk having your ISO
    here is the link
    http://mightydreams.blogspot.com/200...o-install.html

+ Reply to Thread