SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion - Suse

This is a discussion on SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion - Suse ; Hello, I installed SUSE 10.3 x64 and compiz fusion. After loading of compiz fusion my screen is black. I think it s a graphic driver problem. However I did not see Nvidia driver for SUSE 10.3 on the website. Do ...

  1. SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion

    Hello,

    I installed SUSE 10.3 x64 and compiz fusion.
    After loading of compiz fusion my screen is black.
    I think it s a graphic driver problem.
    However I did not see Nvidia driver for SUSE 10.3 on the website.
    Do you think I can install Nvidia driver SUSE 10.2 for SUSE 10.3 ?

    Tibo

    PS : excuse me for my english I am a student so I am learning it!

  2. Re: SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:39:07 -0000, Tibo
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I installed SUSE 10.3 x64 and compiz fusion.
    >After loading of compiz fusion my screen is black.
    >I think it s a graphic driver problem.
    >However I did not see Nvidia driver for SUSE 10.3 on the website.
    >Do you think I can install Nvidia driver SUSE 10.2 for SUSE 10.3 ?

    Take the propriatary driver from the nvidia's site, it works for any
    flavour of linux.
    You'll need to have kernel headers installed (do it with YasT), since
    the driver will have to compile kernel.

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  3. Re: SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion

    Tibo wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed SUSE 10.3 x64 and compiz fusion.
    > After loading of compiz fusion my screen is black.
    > I think it s a graphic driver problem.
    > However I did not see Nvidia driver for SUSE 10.3 on the website.
    > Do you think I can install Nvidia driver SUSE 10.2 for SUSE 10.3 ?
    >
    > Tibo
    >
    > PS : excuse me for my english I am a student so I am learning it!

    Try this:

    http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA

    click on the link to nvidia.ymp under openSUSE 10.3

    Sorted

    D2

  4. Re: SUSE 10.3 + compiz fusion

    On Oct 10, 2:02 pm, Daud Daud wrote:
    > Tibo wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I installed SUSE 10.3 x64 and compiz fusion.
    > > After loading of compiz fusion my screen is black.
    > > I think it s a graphic driver problem.
    > > However I did not see Nvidia driver for SUSE 10.3 on the website.
    > > Do you think I can install Nvidia driver SUSE 10.2 for SUSE 10.3 ?

    > > Tibo

    > > PS : excuse me for my english I am a student so I am learning it!

    > Try this:
    >
    > http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA
    >
    > click on the link to nvidia.ymp under openSUSE 10.3
    >
    > Sorted
    >

    > D2

    thank's
    it's ok