10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg? - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg? - Suse ; I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of the mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are 65.5MB in size. This can't be right. Any idea what is happening?...

  1. 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of the
    mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are 65.5MB
    in size. This can't be right.

    Any idea what is happening?

  2. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    Noozer schrieb:
    > I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of the
    > mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are 65.5MB
    > in size. This can't be right.
    >
    > Any idea what is happening?

    Your download-programm (browser etc.) can't handle Files that big.
    I had the same problem with old versions of wget.

    greetings chrigu

  3. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:35:53 +0000, Noozer wrote:

    > I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of the
    > mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are 65.5MB
    > in size. This can't be right.

    Are you looking at the torrent files, perhaps? Some are around 65kB.

  4. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    "Christian Schweingruber" wrote in message
    > Noozer schrieb:
    >> I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of
    >> the
    >> mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are
    >> 65.5MB
    >> in size. This can't be right.
    >>
    >> Any idea what is happening?

    > Your download-programm (browser etc.) can't handle Files that big.
    > I had the same problem with old versions of wget.

    Thanks!

    Stupid Windows software... I will be happy the day that I'm just as
    proficient in Linux as I am in Windows.

    I'm about halfway through a torrent download, so I might as well leave it
    be.

  5. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:51:11 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

    >Stupid Windows software... I will be happy the day that I'm just as
    >proficient in Linux as I am in Windows.

    Wiich proggy are you using ?
    Filezilla and wget gives me no headhache under windows.
    wget is small, simple and fast.

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  6. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    "sebas22" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:51:11 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:
    >

    >>Stupid Windows software... I will be happy the day that I'm just as
    >>proficient in Linux as I am in Windows.

    > Wiich proggy are you using ?
    > Filezilla and wget gives me no headhache under windows.
    > wget is small, simple and fast.

    Call me lazy... Was trying to simply snag them with Internet Exploder.

    I'd have just used the torrent to start with, but I've got 900gig of files
    connected via USB1.1 right now and working on that machine is SLOW.

    : )

    I'll be glad when the firewire enclosures show up!

  7. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:53:43 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

    >>>Stupid Windows software... I will be happy the day that I'm just as
    >>>proficient in Linux as I am in Windows.

    >> Wiich proggy are you using ?
    >> Filezilla and wget gives me no headhache under windows.
    >> wget is small, simple and fast.

    >Call me lazy... Was trying to simply snag them with Internet Exploder.

    Shame on you !! :-)
    This is the WORST peace of software ever made !
    At least, use Opera, its download manager is thousend miles ahead of
    IE's one (as everything else, in fact) and it supports resuming an
    interrupted download (much better than firefox, in my experience)

    But the best way is to use a specific program, as I said in the former
    post.

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  8. Re: 10.3 x86_64 DVD only 65meg?

    On 2007-10-10 07:35, Noozer wrote:
    > I've tried downloading openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso from several of the
    > mirrors listed on the OpenSUSE website. All the resulting files are 65.5MB
    > in size. This can't be right.
    >
    > Any idea what is happening?

    Grab the torrent , and it can't go wrong unless your target filesystem is vfat.

    /bb

+ Reply to Thread