One-click install does not work - Suse

This is a discussion on One-click install does not work - Suse ; If I use firefox (run as myself) to go to the one-click install site (software.opensuse.org/search) and get a .ymp package, it opens up and asks for the root password, but it will not accept it! What am I doing wrong? ...

  1. One-click install does not work

    If I use firefox (run as myself) to go to the one-click install site
    (software.opensuse.org/search) and get a .ymp package, it opens up and
    asks for the root password, but it will not accept it!

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Jim Rome

  2. Re: One-click install does not work

    On Oct 9, 12:14 pm, "jamesromeongmail.com"
    wrote:
    > If I use firefox (run as myself) to go to the one-click install site
    > (software.opensuse.org/search) and get a .ymp package, it opens up and
    > asks for the root password, but it will not accept it!
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim Rome

    Well, I discovered that it was really using sudo and wanted MY
    password. IMHO it should say so, rather than explicitly asking for the
    root password. It works if I use my own password.

+ Reply to Thread