Kino - Suse

This is a discussion on Kino - Suse ; I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 - is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository? Tried finding it in the build service but no dice. ....Kevin -- ...

  1. Kino

    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

  2. Re: Kino

    Kevin Miller wrote:
    > I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    > is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    > Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >
    > ...Kevin

    You could try searching "kino" at http://rpm.pbone.net. It's for
    opensuse, but no mention of version number. You'll likely need to find a
    dependency or two, though.

  3. Re: Kino

    Kevin Miller wrote:

    > I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    > is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    > Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >
    > ...Kevin

    Kdenlive might be a good alternative.
    --
    Dirk Roos
    Linux - openSUSE 10.3 - Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

  4. Re: Kino

    On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Algazm wrote:-

    >Kevin Miller wrote:
    >> I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    >> is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    >> Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >>
    >> ...Kevin

    >You could try searching "kino" at http://rpm.pbone.net. It's for
    >opensuse, but no mention of version number. You'll likely need to find a
    >dependency or two, though.

    Or add the Packman repository. Version 1.1.1 was uploaded there just a
    few days ago.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit
    SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit |
    RISC OS 3.11 | RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC

  5. Re: Kino

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Algazm wrote:-
    >
    >> Kevin Miller wrote:
    >>> I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    >>> is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    >>> Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >>>
    >>> ...Kevin

    >> You could try searching "kino" at http://rpm.pbone.net. It's for
    >> opensuse, but no mention of version number. You'll likely need to find a
    >> dependency or two, though.

    > Or add the Packman repository. Version 1.1.1 was uploaded there just a
    > few days ago.

    Thanks David - I'm pulling it down now. Appreciate it...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    Juneau, Alaska
    Registered Linux User No: 307357

  6. Re: Kino

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Algazm wrote:-
    >
    >> Kevin Miller wrote:
    >>> I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    >>> is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    >>> Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >>>
    >>> ...Kevin

    >> You could try searching "kino" at http://rpm.pbone.net. It's for
    >> opensuse, but no mention of version number. You'll likely need to find a
    >> dependency or two, though.

    > Or add the Packman repository. Version 1.1.1 was uploaded there just a
    > few days ago.

    Thanks David - I'm pulling it down now. Appreciate it...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    Juneau, Alaska
    Registered Linux User No: 307357

  7. Re: Kino

    Dirk Roos wrote:
    > Kevin Miller wrote:
    >
    >> I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    >> is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    >> Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >>
    >> ...Kevin

    > Kdenlive might be a good alternative.

    Indeed - looks more full featured than KINO (which is now available on
    Packman and being installed now) and it seems to read the video clips I
    downloaded from the camcorder just fine. So now I have two good
    alternatives...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    Juneau, Alaska
    Registered Linux User No: 307357

  8. Re: Kino

    Dirk Roos wrote:
    > Kevin Miller wrote:
    >
    >> I don't seem to have Kino listed in my selection of programs in 10.3 -
    >> is it unsupported or am I just not pointing to the right repository?
    >> Tried finding it in the build service but no dice.
    >>
    >> ...Kevin

    > Kdenlive might be a good alternative.

    Indeed - looks more full featured than KINO (which is now available on
    Packman and being installed now) and it seems to read the video clips I
    downloaded from the camcorder just fine. So now I have two good
    alternatives...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller