Upgrade failed - Suse

This is a discussion on Upgrade failed - Suse ; I tried updating my second 10.2 system to 10.3. I tried using both a CD and a DVD version of 10.3 (and verified them), and with both, it jumped into a manual install mode and then could not find the ...

  1. Upgrade failed

    I tried updating my second 10.2 system to 10.3. I tried using both a
    CD and a DVD version of 10.3 (and verified them), and with both, it
    jumped into a manual install mode and then could not find the SUSE
    repository.

    My system is a Dell Dimension 8100. What could be the problem?

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: Upgrade failed

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 08:41:46 -0700, jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > I tried updating my second 10.2 system to 10.3. I tried using both a CD
    > and a DVD version of 10.3 (and verified them), and with both, it jumped
    > into a manual install mode and then could not find the SUSE repository.
    >
    > My system is a Dell Dimension 8100. What could be the problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    Try going to another console >ctrl-alt-F2
    then type 'mount' to see if /dev/sr0 is listed.
    If it is then the mount point is where you should point the installation
    to. Going back to installation terminal may kick start this.
    In graphical mode this action would be ctrl-alt-F7
    If it isn't mounted then mount it. Not sure what mount point should be
    used but you could try 'mount /dev/sr0 /mnt

+ Reply to Thread