Upgrade from 10.3 beta - Suse

This is a discussion on Upgrade from 10.3 beta - Suse ; Hello, I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3. How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version? Thanks Glenn...

  1. Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    Hello,

    I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.

    How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?

    Thanks

    Glenn

  2. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    Glenn Robinson wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    > I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.
    >
    > How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?

    Boot from CD/DVD and select update.
    While there is myriad options how to go from beta to GM, this one worked
    without problems.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  3. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    Glenn Robinson wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    > I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.
    >
    > How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Glenn

    Shouldn't that work through the online repositories automatically if you do
    a S/W update via Yast?

    --
    Gruß Guybrush

    Auf Open SUSe 10.3 (Linux), AMD 3200+ 64, 1GB RAM

    >Mails landen im Mülleimer<

  4. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    > Glenn Robinson wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    >> I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.
    >>
    >> How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Glenn

    > Shouldn't that work through the online repositories automatically if you do
    > a S/W update via Yast?

    It is Beta, so who knows. Basicaly it is just popping in the DVD and
    follow instructions.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  5. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    Glenn Robinson wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    > I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.
    >
    > How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Glenn

    Firstst change your repositories to 10.3 ones.

    Then from the command line:#zypper up -t package

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

  6. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    houghi wrote:
    > Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    >> Glenn Robinson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I'm running on Linux 2.6.22.5-8-default x86_64 - openSuse 10.3 beta and
    >>> I've just downloaded the released version of 10.3.
    >>>
    >>> How do I upgrade from my current beta version to the new version?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Glenn

    >> Shouldn't that work through the online repositories automatically if you do
    >> a S/W update via Yast?

    > It is Beta, so who knows. Basicaly it is just popping in the DVD and
    > follow instructions.
    >
    > houghi

    I expected an Update option but didn't get one, hence this post.

    Glenn

  7. Re: Upgrade from 10.3 beta

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Glenn Robinson wrote:-

    >I expected an Update option but didn't get one, hence this post.

    Insert DVD, reboot and select install. IIRC[0], you'll get the
    media-check screen, followed by the license. The one after that will
    offer the choice of a new install, an upgrade or other options[1].
    Select upgrade and it'll figure out if there are any systems it can
    upgrade, and then offer you the choice to do so.

    [0] Not sure since it's been a few days since I installed 10.3, and have
    slept since then.

    [1] Repair system and Boot installed system[2] are under this option.

    [2] Which I'm having to use each time I reboot my PPC install

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit

+ Reply to Thread