opensuse 10.3 doesn't recognise my Gigabit Ethernet NIC Realtek RTL8168/8111 - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse 10.3 doesn't recognise my Gigabit Ethernet NIC Realtek RTL8168/8111 - Suse ; Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem On my old PC I've installed Windows XP and openSUSE 10.2 and everithing worked fine. Now I have a new PC CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 MHz MB MSI P35 ...

  1. opensuse 10.3 doesn't recognise my Gigabit Ethernet NIC Realtek RTL8168/8111

    Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem
    On my old PC I've installed Windows XP and openSUSE 10.2 and
    everithing worked fine. Now I have a new PC
    CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 MHz
    MB MSI P35 Neo2 LAN Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    onboard
    RAM 2 GB
    Video ATI X1600 Pro 512 MB
    HDD Seagate 320 GB
    OS openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 and WindowsXP x86_64
    Internet connection DSL via DHCP (also called PPPoE)
    and under Windows my NIC works fine, but in openSUSE I didn't have any
    success when I tried to establish a connection.
    Btw I'm new to Linux and if anyone can help me, pls write a step-by-
    step instructions.

    Thanks in advance
    Ilian

  2. Re: opensuse 10.3 doesn't recognise my Gigabit Ethernet NIC Realtek RTL8168/8111

    On Oct 8, 7:16 am, gongalov wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem
    > On my old PC I've installed Windows XP and openSUSE 10.2 and
    > everithing worked fine. Now I have a new PC
    > CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 MHz
    > MB MSI P35 Neo2 LAN Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    > onboard
    > RAM 2 GB
    > Video ATI X1600 Pro 512 MB
    > HDD Seagate 320 GB
    > OS openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 and WindowsXP x86_64
    > Internet connection DSL via DHCP (also called PPPoE)
    > and under Windows my NIC works fine, but in openSUSE I didn't have any
    > success when I tried to establish a connection.
    > Btw I'm new to Linux and if anyone can help me, pls write a step-by-
    > step instructions.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Ilian

    I am not specifically familiar with this particular NIC but if you
    happen to have a Windows driver for it you should be able to install
    it by way of NDISWRAPPER.

    Good luck!

    Boris.

  3. Re: opensuse 10.3 doesn't recognise my Gigabit Ethernet NIC Realtek RTL8168/8111

    On 8 , 17:24, "borepst...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > On Oct 8, 7:16 am, gongalov wrote:
    >

    > > Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem
    > > On my old PC I've installed Windows XP and openSUSE 10.2 and
    > > everithing worked fine. Now I have a new PC
    > > CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 MHz
    > > MB MSI P35 Neo2 LANRealtekRTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    > > onboard
    > > RAM 2 GB
    > > Video ATI X1600 Pro 512 MB
    > > HDD Seagate 320 GB
    > > OS openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 and WindowsXP x86_64
    > > Internet connection DSL via DHCP (also called PPPoE)
    > > and under Windows my NIC works fine, but in openSUSE I didn't have any
    > > success when I tried to establish a connection.
    > > Btw I'm new to Linux and if anyone can help me, pls write a step-by-
    > > step instructions.

    > > Thanks in advance
    > > Ilian

    > I am not specifically familiar with this particular NIC but if you
    > happen to have a Windows driver for it you should be able to install
    > it by way of NDISWRAPPER.
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Boris.

    i reinstalled my opensuse 10.3 and during the installation choose to
    install the ndiswrapper package. YaST installed it with many
    unresolved dependences and now I have 3 kernels. Don't know why. But
    also I have an internet connection now. Can you tell me what to do to
    show the indicator for the internet connection in the system tray. In
    10.2 this was kinternet but now it isn't working, I don't know why.

+ Reply to Thread