10.3 is nice, very, very nice! - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 is nice, very, very nice! - Suse ; Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed. Kaffeine and all the codec's was sorted quite easily, DVBTV card detected perfectly. All hardware detected no problems, a sweet, sweet package. Is 10.3 any good? You bet it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed.
    Kaffeine and all the codec's was sorted quite easily, DVBTV card
    detected perfectly. All hardware detected no problems, a sweet, sweet
    package.

    Is 10.3 any good? You bet it is... bloody magnificent.

    cheers

    Percy
    -----------------
    -----------------

  2. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Percival Plunkett wrote:
    > Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed.

    i think sometimes it is not so.
    Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me #######d!

    --
    Привет. Иаков
    --- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- ---

  3. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:39:31 +0200, Senatov wrote:

    >Percival Plunkett wrote:
    >> Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed.

    >i think sometimes it is not so.
    >Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me #######d!

    Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    about your drivers.

  4. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:53:52 -0700, UltimatePatriot wrote:

    > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:39:31 +0200, Senatov wrote:
    >
    >>Percival Plunkett wrote:
    >>> Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed.

    >>i think sometimes it is not so.
    >>Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me #######d!

    > Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    > about your drivers.

    Or just make sure that the ATi repository is enabled in your repository
    list. It's only a matter of a few clicks.

  5. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    UltimatePatriot wrote:

    > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:39:31 +0200, Senatov wrote:
    >
    >>Percival Plunkett wrote:
    >>> Just installed 10.3, went magic - no problems, very nice indeed.

    >>i think sometimes it is not so.
    >>Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me #######d!

    > Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    > about your drivers.

    This is basically just balderdash

    SuSE has always made drivers, especially for graphics cards. A *lot* of the
    existing ones orginated in SuSE

    The new open source drivers for ATI (not yet ready) are also done by SuSE

    So before telling such obviously wrong stuff, please check your "info" a
    little better next time
    --
    Hardware, n.:
    The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

  6. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > So before telling such obviously wrong stuff, please check your "info" a
    > little better next time

    It is YOUR exertions. I say nothing about it.

    I just say clear and definitely: where is not yet 3D graphic driver for Radeon
    under 10.3
    ok?

    --
    Привет. Иаков
    --- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- ---

  7. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Senatov wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> So before telling such obviously wrong stuff, please check your "info" a
    >> little better next time

    > It is YOUR exertions. I say nothing about it.

    I did not ask you

    It still was wrong

    --
    Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware

  8. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:00:18 +0200, Peter Khlmann
    wrote:

    >UltimatePatriot wrote:

    >>>i think sometimes it is not so.
    >>>Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me #######d!

    >> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    >> about your drivers.

    >This is basically just balderdash
    >
    >SuSE has always made drivers, especially for graphics cards. A *lot* of the
    >existing ones orginated in SuSE
    >
    >The new open source drivers for ATI (not yet ready) are also done by SuSE
    >
    >So before telling such obviously wrong stuff, please check your "info" a
    >little better next time

    No, Suse prepares manufacturers' drivers for use in Suse. Without
    assistance AND CODE from ATI, Suse as well as OpenSuse would not have an
    ATI driver that you can manufacture a lies about them having authored.

    So before telling such obviously concocted CRAP, please manipulate the
    info a little less next time.

  9. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    UltimatePatriot wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:00:18 +0200, Peter Köhlmann
    > wrote:
    >
    >>UltimatePatriot wrote:

    >>> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    >>> about your drivers.

    >>This is basically just balderdash
    >>
    >>SuSE has always made drivers, especially for graphics cards. A *lot* of
    >>the existing ones orginated in SuSE
    >>
    >>The new open source drivers for ATI (not yet ready) are also done by SuSE
    >>
    >>So before telling such obviously wrong stuff, please check your "info" a
    >>little better next time

    > No, Suse prepares manufacturers' drivers for use in Suse.

    Plainly, completely wrong.

    > Without
    > assistance AND CODE from ATI, Suse as well as OpenSuse would not have an
    > ATI driver that you can manufacture a lies about them having authored.

    We are not just talking about the ATI driver
    SuSE has done graphics drivers years ago. Do you have any idea at all how
    long they are in this business?

    > So before telling such obviously concocted CRAP, please manipulate the
    > info a little less next time.

    You don't know what you are talking about
    --
    I say you need to visit Clues 'R' Us. They are having a special on
    slightly used clues.

  10. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    UltimatePatriot wrote:

    > No, Suse prepares manufacturers' drivers for use in Suse.

    Yes but 2D, but not 3D.

    --
    Привет. Иаков
    --- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- ---

  11. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > It still was wrong

    hehe ok:
    Yeah, then just gime a link on 3d radeon driver under 10.3

    --
    Привет. Иаков
    --- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- ---

  12. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Senatov wrote:

    > UltimatePatriot wrote:
    >
    >> No, Suse prepares manufacturers' drivers for use in Suse.

    > Yes

    No. Manufacturers provide manufacturers drivers

    > but 2D, but not 3D.

    The new ATI driver is 3D
    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
    And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

  13. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Senatov wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> It still was wrong

    > hehe ok:
    > Yeah, then just gime a link on 3d radeon driver under 10.3

    What part of "not yet ready" needs to be explained to you again?
    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
    And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

  14. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:23:13 +0200, Peter Khlmann
    wrote:

    >We are not just talking about the ATI driver
    >SuSE has done graphics drivers years ago. Do you have any idea at all how
    >long they are in this business?

    We are not talking about ten year old drivers. This ain't Novell on a
    386 with a monochrome adapter card running a DOS network.

    This is about HIS post, HIS card.

  15. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:17:46 +0200, Peter Khlmann
    wrote:

    >Senatov wrote:
    >
    >> UltimatePatriot wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, Suse prepares manufacturers' drivers for use in Suse.

    >> Yes

    >No. Manufacturers provide manufacturers drivers
    >
    >> but 2D, but not 3D.
    >>

    >The new ATI driver is 3D

    And it is FROM ATI.

  16. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:17:46 +0200, Peter Köhlmann
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Senatov wrote:

    >>> Yes

    >>No. Manufacturers provide manufacturers drivers
    >>
    >>> but 2D, but not 3D.
    >>>

    >>The new ATI driver is 3D

    > And it is FROM ATI.

    No. The driver talked about here is from Novell/SuSE
    ATI supplied enough hardware info to write it
    --
    Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

  17. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:23:13 +0200, Peter Köhlmann
    > wrote:
    >
    >>We are not just talking about the ATI driver
    >>SuSE has done graphics drivers years ago. Do you have any idea at all how
    >>long they are in this business?
    >>

    > We are not talking about ten year old drivers. This ain't Novell on a
    > 386 with a monochrome adapter card running a DOS network.

    I don't care what you are talking about

    > This is about HIS post, HIS card.

    This is about Novell/SuSE drivers

    We are not talking about your complete lack of clue
    --
    Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats
    you with experience...

  18. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > No. The driver talked about here is from Novell/SuSE
    > ATI supplied enough hardware info to write it

    No, they don't. As i read last discussions about, AMD published open
    information about 2D functionality of his ATI cards but nothing about
    specific 3D features. And in future will don't do it.
    -- --- --- --
    Привет. Иаков
    --- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- ---
    ICQ № 24392270 / Skype:senatov

  19. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Mark South wrote:

    > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:53:52 -0700, UltimatePatriot wrote:

    >>>i think sometimes it is not so.
    >>>Where isn't yet 3d drivers for Radeon for example and it make me
    >>>#######d!

    >> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    >> about your drivers.

    > Or just make sure that the ATi repository is enabled in your repository
    > list. It's only a matter of a few clicks.

    Could you give me the link? I have not found it.

    --
    Gruß Guybrush

    Auf Open SUSe 10.3 (Linux), AMD 3200+ 64, 1GB RAM

    >Mails landen im Mülleimer<

  20. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    >>> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    >>> about your drivers.

    >> Or just make sure that the ATi repository is enabled in your repository
    >> list. It's only a matter of a few clicks.

    > Could you give me the link? I have not found it.

    YaST, Software, Extra Reporsitories, I believe. It was possible to
    select it somewhere there, including the NVidea one.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast