10.3 is nice, very, very nice! - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 is nice, very, very nice! - Suse ; houghi wrote: > Guybrush Threepwood wrote: >>>> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI >>>> about your drivers. >>> >>> Or just make sure that the ATi repository is enabled in your repository >>> list. It's ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

  1. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    houghi wrote:

    > Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    >>>> Suse doesn't make drivers, your card manufacturer does. Talk to ATI
    >>>> about your drivers.
    >>>
    >>> Or just make sure that the ATi repository is enabled in your repository
    >>> list. It's only a matter of a few clicks.

    >>
    >> Could you give me the link? I have not found it.

    >
    > YaST, Software, Extra Reporsitories, I believe. It was possible to
    > select it somewhere there, including the NVidea one.
    >
    > houghi


    Hi Houghi,

    I just found three packages with yast S/W installation after having put the
    ATI repo in the repo list:

    ati-fglrxG01-kmp-bigsmp
    -debug
    -default

    Do I have to install all three or only one of them?

    --
    Gruß Guybrush

    Auf Open SUSe 10.3 (Linux), AMD 3200+ 64, 1GB RAM

    >Mails landen im Mülleimer<


  2. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    > Hi Houghi,
    >
    > I just found three packages with yast S/W installation after having put the
    > ATI repo in the repo list:
    >
    > ati-fglrxG01-kmp-bigsmp
    > -debug
    > -default
    >
    > Do I have to install all three or only one of them?


    Well, debug if dor debugging, default will be the default and the bigsmp
    will be for the bigsmp. I asume you do not want to debug, so that one
    falls of.

    Now you have to choose between default and bigsmp. I have no idea, yet
    if this was a betting game, my bet would go to ...

    Well, I am sure you can figure it out. Also look at the tabs what the
    explanation of each of them is. That should give a clue.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  3. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Well, Did my second install over 10.2 on another of my beat up old
    Compaq's, again it all went without any drama. All the codecs and stuff
    were easily installed and everything is working perfectly.

    Now I just have to sort out my network switch and router for the network
    printer static IP and then it will be sweet.

    This 10.3 version is absolutely fantastic! Easy to install, easy to
    connect to repositories, easy everything and so quick.

    Great work!

    Percy

    houghi wrote:
    > Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
    >> Hi Houghi,
    >>
    >> I just found three packages with yast S/W installation after having put the
    >> ATI repo in the repo list:
    >>
    >> ati-fglrxG01-kmp-bigsmp
    >> -debug
    >> -default
    >>
    >> Do I have to install all three or only one of them?

    >
    > Well, debug if dor debugging, default will be the default and the bigsmp
    > will be for the bigsmp. I asume you do not want to debug, so that one
    > falls of.
    >
    > Now you have to choose between default and bigsmp. I have no idea, yet
    > if this was a betting game, my bet would go to ...
    >
    > Well, I am sure you can figure it out. Also look at the tabs what the
    > explanation of each of them is. That should give a clue.
    >
    > houghi

    -----------------
    www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed*
    Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road
    -----------------

  4. Re: 10.3 is nice, very, very nice!

    Percival Plunkett wrote:


    Please do not toppost.

    houghi
    --
    You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try. - Homer J. Simpson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2