Re: libselinux - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: libselinux - Suse ; "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message news:W7ONi.2222$ln.1404@trnddc07... > Andrew Madsen wrote: >> I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that >> it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to >> install ...

  1. Re: libselinux

    "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    > Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >> I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that
    >> it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >> install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >> libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?
    >>

    > Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >
    > rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >
    > --
    > .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642.
    > /V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    > /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
    > ^^-^^ 11:45:02 up 7 days, 2:30, 2 users, load average: 5.48, 5.16, 5.11

    No good on this either.

  2. Re: libselinux

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:

    > "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >> Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >>> I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that it
    >>> cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >>> install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >>> libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?
    >>>

    >> Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >>
    >> rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >>
    >> --
    >> .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642. /V\
    >> PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    >> /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org ^^-^^ 11:45:02 up
    >> 7 days, 2:30, 2 users, load average: 5.48, 5.16, 5.11

    > No good on this either.

    Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    messages?

    OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    been down that way in about 7yrs.

  3. Re: libselinux

    noi ance wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >
    >> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >>>
    >>> rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >>>

    > Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    > messages?
    >
    > OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    > been down that way in about 7yrs.

    Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people are
    hoped to disappear.

    It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I think it
    did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now you can
    remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.

    ^^-^^ 08:40:01 up 16:16, 1 user, load average: 5.16, 4.77, 4.37

  4. Re: libselinux

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >>
    >>> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

    >> Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    >> messages?
    >>
    >> OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    >> been down that way in about 7yrs.

    > Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    > country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    > permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people are
    > hoped to disappear.
    >
    > It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I think
    > it
    > did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now you can
    > remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.
    >
    > --
    > .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642.
    > /V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    > /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
    > ^^-^^ 08:40:01 up 16:16, 1 user, load average: 5.16, 4.77, 4.37

    I gave up and loaded rxvt instead of multi-gnome-terminal which was what
    prompted trying to get libselinux loaded anyway. Thanks for all the help

  5. Re: libselinux

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:46:46 +0000, Jean-David Beyer typed this message:

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >>
    >>> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

    >> Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What
    >> error messages?
    >>
    >> OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days?
    >> Haven't been down that way in about 7yrs.

    > Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    > country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    > permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people
    > are hoped to disappear.
    >
    > It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I
    > think it did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now
    > you can remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.

    Thanks.

    I really miss Kellys in "Avon-by-the-Sea"/Belmar.

+ Reply to Thread