linux dummy needs help with compiz-fusion - Suse

This is a discussion on linux dummy needs help with compiz-fusion - Suse ; hi there, I have got an amd 64 duo core, with nvidia 7600gt vid card and 2 gig ram. I installed suse 10.3 off a kde cd. I had no problem activating compiz in 10.2. so i thought i would ...

  1. linux dummy needs help with compiz-fusion

    hi there,
    I have got an amd 64 duo core, with nvidia 7600gt vid card and 2 gig ram. I
    installed
    suse 10.3 off a kde cd. I had no problem activating compiz in 10.2. so i
    thought i would do the same thing. I installed the latest nvid driver thru
    yast and changed my displayer manager to xgl (like i had to do in 10.2). I
    get the cube after the boot up but no window manager. and the colors gets
    mixed up.

    I thought well, compiz is not working surely if i got compiz fusion
    installed i will be all right. I used the "compiz-fusion-kde.ymp" one
    botton install and installed all the stuff needed. after rebooting still
    the same problem, no window manager.

    I thought i would install emerald-fusion win manager. but yast has a
    confilict with gstreamer, what ever that is. I thought i would update the
    whole system maybe that would fix the problem but yast says something about
    gstreamer again....

    the following is the message i get when i use
    the "kde-window-decorator --replace" command....
    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 156
    Minor opcode: 4
    Resource id: 0x0
    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 156
    Minor opcode: 4
    Resource id: 0x0

    I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am doing
    wrong .

    cheers
    al

  2. Re: linux dummy needs help with compiz-fusion

    al wrote:

    > hi there,
    > I have got an amd 64 duo core, with nvidia 7600gt vid card and 2 gig ram.
    > I installed
    > suse 10.3 off a kde cd. I had no problem activating compiz in 10.2. so i
    > thought i would do the same thing. I installed the latest nvid driver thru
    > yast and changed my displayer manager to xgl (like i had to do in 10.2). I
    > get the cube after the boot up but no window manager. and the colors gets
    > mixed up.
    >
    > I thought well, compiz is not working surely if i got compiz fusion
    > installed i will be all right. I used the "compiz-fusion-kde.ymp" one
    > botton install and installed all the stuff needed. after rebooting still
    > the same problem, no window manager.
    >
    > I thought i would install emerald-fusion win manager. but yast has a
    > confilict with gstreamer, what ever that is. I thought i would update the
    > whole system maybe that would fix the problem but yast says something
    > about gstreamer again....
    >

    > the following is the message i get when i use
    > the "kde-window-decorator --replace" command....
    > X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    > Major opcode: 156
    > Minor opcode: 4
    > Resource id: 0x0
    > X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    > Major opcode: 156
    > Minor opcode: 4
    > Resource id: 0x0
    >
    > I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am doing
    > wrong .
    >
    > cheers
    > al

    try reviewing this forum thread
    http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=1762
    --
    Suse 10.2 x64, Kde 3.5.7, Gnome 2.12, Opera 9.x weekly

+ Reply to Thread