10.3? - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3? - Suse ; Greetings, I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3. Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

  1. 10.3?

    Greetings,
    I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3.
    Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the
    release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, I'm like a kid
    on Christmas morning!
    Tom

  2. Re: 10.3?

    Thomas Tootle wrote:
    > Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the

    its full of bugs, nevertheless them torrents are working allrighte

  3. Re: 10.3?

    Ganxta Congstar wrote:
    > Thomas Tootle wrote:
    >> Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the

    > its full of bugs

    I guess it's the odd minor version curse.

  4. Re: 10.3?

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > Ganxta Congstar wrote:
    >> Thomas Tootle wrote:
    >>> Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the

    >> its full of bugs

    What do you mean by that?

    > I guess it's the odd minor version curse.

    I object to that!

    9.3 was very good indeed.

    So is 10.3 so far, no problems, none whatsoever.

    Definitely the best first few days with a new version of SUSE so far

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

  5. Re: 10.3?

    Thomas Tootle wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3.
    > Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the
    > release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, I'm like a kid
    > on Christmas morning!
    > Tom

    Check back at 5pm

  6. Re: 10.3?

    Thomas Tootle wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3.
    > Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the
    > release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, I'm like a kid
    > on Christmas morning!
    > Tom

    Why isn't it up on opensuse.org yet?

    Just wondering.

    Russell

  7. Re: 10.3?

    Russell D. wrote:
    > Thomas Tootle wrote:
    >> Greetings,
    >> I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3.
    >> Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the
    >> release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, I'm like a kid
    >> on Christmas morning!
    >> Tom

    > Why isn't it up on opensuse.org yet?
    >
    > Just wondering.
    >
    > Russell

    When my torrents started seeding on Monday, there were like a couple of
    hundred peers connected in my swarm.

    Since the openSUSE tracker started working the number of peers is
    constantly rising, it's now almost nine hundred

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
    Linus Torvalds 1996.

  8. Re: 10.3?

    Vahis wrote:
    > Russell D. wrote:
    >> Thomas Tootle wrote:
    >>> Greetings,
    >>> I anxiously got up at 0500 to start a torrent client to download 10.3.
    >>> Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the
    >>> release date? Any ideas when it will be available? Damn, I'm like a kid
    >>> on Christmas morning!
    >>> Tom

    >> Why isn't it up on opensuse.org yet?
    >>
    >> Just wondering.
    >>
    >> Russell

    > When my torrents started seeding on Monday, there were like a couple of
    > hundred peers connected in my swarm.
    >
    > Since the openSUSE tracker started working the number of peers is
    > constantly rising, it's now almost nine hundred
    >
    > Vahis

    Quite a few people have come up with the torrents

    The number of peers is like exploding; over 1.500 now

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
    Linus Torvalds 1996.

  9. Re: 10.3?

    Russell D. wrote:
    > Why isn't it up on opensuse.org yet?

    its on the software/download page and also on the http/ftp redirectors
    now. it has been released to the public.

  10. Re: 10.3?

    On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vahis wrote:-

    >Quite a few people have come up with the torrents
    >
    >The number of peers is like exploding; over 1.500 now

    It's gone up again. Now it's up to 160 seeds and 2075 peers.

    I wonder how many of those seeds are ones that used the deltas[0] to
    build the full image, and how many have finished downloading the full
    image.

    [0] Not much sharing going on there. Right now, the 32bit version has
    only 19 seeds and 3 peers.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  11. Re: 10.3?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vahis wrote:-
    >

    >> Quite a few people have come up with the torrents
    >>
    >> The number of peers is like exploding; over 1.500 now

    > It's gone up again. Now it's up to 160 seeds and 2075 peers.
    >
    > I wonder how many of those seeds are ones that used the deltas[0] to
    > build the full image, and how many have finished downloading the full
    > image.

    I downloaded the full KDE-CD and the DVD from the torrents that came
    available on Monday. In the beginning the official tracker was not on,
    but the download was full speed, in my case just 100 kBps.

    I did them simultaneously, the CD took some 4 hours and the DVD another
    ten hours more.

    > [0] Not much sharing going on there. Right now, the 32bit version has
    > only 19 seeds and 3 peers.
    >
    > Regards,
    > David Bolt

    Now the 32 bit KDE CD seems to have 62 and the 32 bit DVD has 171
    seeders. I've seeded some 15 GB now.

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
    Linus Torvalds 1996.

  12. Re: 10.3?

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:55:19 +0100, David Bolt wrote:

    > On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vahis wrote:-
    >

    >>Quite a few people have come up with the torrents
    >>
    >>The number of peers is like exploding; over 1.500 now

    > It's gone up again. Now it's up to 160 seeds and 2075 peers.

    I grabbed it overnight, 400 peers when I started, now seeding with 2500.
    I guess the offical anouncement has something to do with it Can't wait
    to install it.

  13. Re: 10.3?

    Ganxta Congstar wrote:
    > Russell D. wrote:
    >> Why isn't it up on opensuse.org yet?

    > its on the software/download page and also on the http/ftp redirectors
    > now. it has been released to the public.

    http://www.opensuse.org/ That points to http://software.opensuse.org/.
    realy neat interface now.

    houghi
    --

    This space left blank intentionaly

  14. Re: 10.3?

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > Ganxta Congstar wrote:
    >> Thomas Tootle wrote:
    >>> Can't find a torrent or a mirror that is showing it yet. Isn't today the

    >> its full of bugs

    > I guess it's the odd minor version curse.

    There are no minor or major versions in S.u.S.E, SuSE, SUSE or openSUSE.
    They are completely reliant on marketing. Things might look that way,
    like 9.3 was made behind door and 10.0 was made with openSUSE.org, yet
    it could have been any number.

    The next version will be 11.0

    It somewhat follows SLES and SLED. Those have only standard numbers.

    houghi
    --

    This space left blank intentionaly

  15. Re: 10.3?

    David Bolt wrote:

    > [0] Not much sharing going on there. Right now, the 32bit version has
    > only 19 seeds and 3 peers.

    Hi David,

    I am seeding with 500kB/sec...
    Thats all my connection can do.

    Hendric
    --
    Hendric Stattmann, Mödling, Austria. Registered Linux User #178879

  16. Re: 10.3?

    houghi wrote:
    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> Ganxta Congstar wrote:
    >>> its full of bugs

    >> I guess it's the odd minor version curse.

    > There are no minor or major versions in S.u.S.E, SuSE, SUSE or openSUSE.

    I was just kidding, especially since 10.1 seems to be regarded as the
    most buggy one at its initial release. Btw, I don't know what the
    poster meant with "it's full of bugs" [sic], I still have to download it
    and see

  17. Re: 10.3?

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > I was just kidding, especially since 10.1 seems to be regarded as the
    > most buggy one at its initial release. Btw, I don't know what the
    > poster meant with "it's full of bugs" [sic], I still have to download it
    > and see

    Probably the bugs are fireflies and other people would see them as
    stars. "Oh my god, it is full of stars ...."

    Yep that's it. Makes much more sense that way.

    houghi
    --

    This space left blank intentionaly

  18. Re: 10.3?

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

    > Btw, I don't know what the
    > poster meant with "it's full of bugs" [sic], I still have to download it
    > and see

    i'm running 10.3, it's stable for me.
    two weeks i was running RC1, it was also stable.
    they did a great job there @ openSUSE :-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  19. Re: 10.3?

    On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, jonny wrote:-

    >On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:55:19 +0100, David Bolt wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vahis wrote:-
    >>

    >>>Quite a few people have come up with the torrents
    >>>
    >>>The number of peers is like exploding; over 1.500 now

    >> It's gone up again. Now it's up to 160 seeds and 2075 peers.

    >I grabbed it overnight, 400 peers when I started, now seeding with 2500.

    And going up fairly fast. It's just passed 4000 peers now.

    >I guess the offical anouncement has something to do with it

    More than likely. While I've had the DVD and deltas available a day
    before the announcement, I waited until after the announcement to start
    sharing[0].

    >Can't wait
    >to install it.

    Looking at the size of the delta for the DVD, and what RC1 actually
    looks like, it's okay with me. I especially like the way it picked up
    the existing Packman and Guru repos and let me turn them on straight
    from the start.

    [0] I use a script to build each version using the previous image and
    the delta. While I had the delta and the build image, the torrents
    weren't available from the mirror I used until after the announcement.
    As soon as they were, they were transferred to my Azureus directory and
    that auto-started sharing them.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3RC1 32bit

  20. Re: 10.3?

    On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Hendric Stattmann wrote:-

    >David Bolt wrote:
    >
    >> [0] Not much sharing going on there. Right now, the 32bit version has
    >> only 19 seeds and 3 peers.

    >Hi David,
    >
    >I am seeding with 500kB/sec...
    >Thats all my connection can do.

    That's one heck of a lot more than I could manage. I'm stuck with a
    maximum of 30KB up, and that's shared with the 32bit DVD.

    Regards,
    David Bolt