suse 10.2 installation fails - Suse

This is a discussion on suse 10.2 installation fails - Suse ; Hi, When I try to install suse10.2 on my PC I get "An error occured during installation" at the moment the system asks to insert disk 2. All goes well till partioning, software selection, formatting the partitions. Where to look ...

  1. suse 10.2 installation fails

    Hi,

    When I try to install suse10.2 on my PC I get "An error occured
    during installation" at the moment the system asks to insert disk 2.
    All goes well till partioning, software selection, formatting the
    partitions.
    Where to look for more info on the cause of this erro?

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: suse 10.2 installation fails

    What machine are you installing on?

    Installation from purchased CD set or DVD?

    Roland

  3. Re: suse 10.2 installation fails

    adirtymindisajoyforever wrote:

    > When I try to install suse10.2 on my PC I get "An error occured
    > during installation" at the moment the system asks to insert disk 2.
    > All goes well till partioning, software selection, formatting the
    > partitions.
    > Where to look for more info on the cause of this erro?

    On one of the text consoles (switch by pressing ctrl-alt-F1 to -F12) you
    will find a log.

    regards
    Henning

  4. Re: suse 10.2 installation fails

    adirtymindisajoyforever wrote:

    > Where to look for more info on the cause of this erro?

    i think a cd/dvd read error
    bad cd/dvd ?
    you can check this before the installation, there is a option for that.
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  5. Re: suse 10.2 installation fails

    adirtymindisajoyforever wrote:

    > When I try to install suse10.2 on my PC I get "An error occured
    > during installation" at the moment the system asks to insert disk 2.
    > All goes well till partioning, software selection, formatting the
    > partitions.
    > Where to look for more info on the cause of this erro?

    If there is no special reason that you have to install just the 10.2 maybe
    you could wait for the 10.3 which will be available in *two* days. Maybe
    your PC is better supported by the newer kernel and the newer hardware
    detection algorithm of 10.3.

    Regards
    Dieter

+ Reply to Thread