Sacramento Area User Groups - Suse

This is a discussion on Sacramento Area User Groups - Suse ; Is there a Sacramento, Calif. LINUX user group or club? And how do I contact? TYIA.... MJR...

  1. Sacramento Area User Groups

    Is there a Sacramento, Calif. LINUX user group or club?

    And how do I contact?

    TYIA....

    MJR

  2. Re: Sacramento Area User Groups

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:14:21 +0000, Mikies Runs Baal wrote:

    > Is there a Sacramento, Calif. LINUX user group or club?
    >
    > And how do I contact?

    They are called LUG's
    like this one
    http://www.saclug.org/

    I'm in Southern California near Long Beach. I've attended meetings of 2
    different LUG groups.

    They are very biased towards Debian/Ubuntu with Ubuntu taking over.

    I run OpenSuSE on many different boxes, including this laptop. When ever a
    new member showed up, any questions about SuSE were ignored.

    While running SuSE they kindly helped me learn the ropes of CLI, but I was
    on my own to learn the SuSE way of doing things.

    --
    Mark

  3. Re: Sacramento Area User Groups

    On 01 Oct 2007 20:19:38 GMT, Mark Pryor
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:14:21 +0000, Mikies Runs Baal wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a Sacramento, Calif. LINUX user group or club?
    >>
    >> And how do I contact?
    >>

    >They are called LUG's
    >like this one
    >http://www.saclug.org/
    >
    >I'm in Southern California near Long Beach. I've attended meetings of 2
    >different LUG groups.
    >
    >They are very biased towards Debian/Ubuntu with Ubuntu taking over.
    >
    >I run OpenSuSE on many different boxes, including this laptop. When ever a
    >new member showed up, any questions about SuSE were ignored.
    >
    >While running SuSE they kindly helped me learn the ropes of CLI, but I was
    >on my own to learn the SuSE way of doing things.

    THANKS...

    MJR

+ Reply to Thread