How to set up wireless on my laptop? - Suse

This is a discussion on How to set up wireless on my laptop? - Suse ; I have openSuSE 10.2 installed on my HP dv6445 laptop and I'm trying to get it to communicate with my Linksys wireless switch. So far no luck. Any help appreciated....

  1. How to set up wireless on my laptop?

    I have openSuSE 10.2 installed on my HP dv6445 laptop and I'm trying to
    get it to communicate with my Linksys wireless switch. So far no luck.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: How to set up wireless on my laptop?

    Does it recognize your wireless card?
    "David" wrote in message
    >I have openSuSE 10.2 installed on my HP dv6445 laptop and I'm trying to get
    >it to communicate with my Linksys wireless switch. So far no luck.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

  3. Re: How to set up wireless on my laptop?

    Andrew Madsen wrote:
    > Does it recognize your wireless card?
    >> I have openSuSE 10.2 installed on my HP dv6445 laptop and I'm trying to get
    >> it to communicate with my Linksys wireless switch. So far no luck.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.

    I don't know how to find out.
    Sorry, I'm used to Windoze wizards for
    these things.

  4. Re: How to set up wireless on my laptop?

    "Andrew Madsen" writes:

    > Does it recognize your wireless card?
    > "David" wrote in message
    > >I have openSuSE 10.2 installed on my HP dv6445 laptop and

    I'm trying to get
    > >it to communicate with my Linksys wireless switch. So far

    no luck.

    > > Any help appreciated.

    When mine didn't work, I just went out and bought a D-Link
    PCMCIA wi-fi card. Sorry, I can't see the number since it's
    plugged into the machine right now. The number may have been
    superseded anyway since I bought it a year ago. Cost was
    about US$40.

    Just plugged it in and it worked. No drivers needed.

    Suggest going to a store that will let you return one if it
    doesn't work until you find a card that does.

    --Rod
    Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for
    Practical
    Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by
    e-mail
    take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.

+ Reply to Thread