Video problem in 10.2 - Suse

This is a discussion on Video problem in 10.2 - Suse ; Since upgrading from 9.3 to 10.2, I can no longer run my video card (an ancient ATI Rage Pro) at 1600x1200x75. Screwing around with mode lines reveals that X will not accept a dot clock higher than 180MHz. The above ...

  1. Video problem in 10.2

    Since upgrading from 9.3 to 10.2, I can no longer run my video card (an
    ancient ATI Rage Pro) at 1600x1200x75. Screwing around with mode lines
    reveals that X will not accept a dot clock higher than 180MHz. The
    above resolution requires > 200MHz.

    As I said, it worked in 9.3, and works in Windoze. Is there a non-
    obvious setting I have to make somewhere to enable higher dot clocks?

    Ian

    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  2. Re: Video problem in 10.2

    on Wednesday 19 September 2007 10:35 am, someone posing as Ian Gay took a
    rock and etched into the cave:

    > Since upgrading from 9.3 to 10.2, I can no longer run my video card (an
    > ancient ATI Rage Pro) at 1600x1200x75. Screwing around with mode lines
    > reveals that X will not accept a dot clock higher than 180MHz. The
    > above resolution requires > 200MHz.
    >
    > As I said, it worked in 9.3, and works in Windoze. Is there a non-
    > obvious setting I have to make somewhere to enable higher dot clocks?

    Well, AFAIK, 9.3 still used the old X.11 setup while 10.0 > uses x.org
    setups.

    Now, also, in 9.x > 10.0, the binary was shipped with the distro. Starting
    in 10.1 you need to download the appropriate ATI driver.

    That said, I don't think ATI is supporting the Rage Pro anymore.

    --
    www.perfectreign.com

+ Reply to Thread