    Network error: could not connect to server :5901

    Why has it changed port address?

  2. Re: VNC Remote Desktop

    On 2007-09-19 18:07, Who Cares wrote:
    > This is a good one.
    >
    > On my local openSUSE 10.2 box, I can use a browser and connect just
    > fine... from my remote Windoze 2000, I have VNC 4.3.1 loaded and
    > confirmed for my ip and port 5801.
    >
    > When using my browser http://:5801. I get the follwoing
    > error
    >
    > Network error: could not connect to server :5901
    >
    > Why has it changed port address?

    The vnc client should connect at port TCP 59xx , and
    the http client on 58xx

    Just never try to connect to localhost:5800 or localhost:5900 , since you get
    an endless loop of windows :-)

    The port 5800 and 5900 is the current shared desktop. while 5801 . 5901 is a new
    desktop.

    Just fix it in YaST/Hardware/Graphics Card and Monitor/Remote access

    Set all boxes inclusive a vnc password , and http port 5800

    Also make sure your firewall is open for TCP 5800:5801 at least for your local
    network.
    (I should not have this open from Internet, since NX is much safer for this)

    /bb

+ Reply to Thread