K3B Queries - Suse

This is a discussion on K3B Queries - Suse ; 1 I've been using K3B to save my data files onto DVDs and noticed that the time displayed in the bottom right corner of the KDE desktop changes to odd values, e.g., to 22:06 when the local time (BST = ...

  1. K3B Queries

    1 I've been using K3B to save my data files onto DVDs and noticed that
    the time displayed in the bottom right corner of the KDE desktop changes
    to odd values, e.g., to 22:06 when the local time (BST = GMT+1) was 16:56.

    It's a bit of a nuisance to have to reset my time display every time I
    use K3B. Has anyone a simple solution for this, please?

    2 I want to overwrite the data on my DVDs but I always have to format
    the first DVD fully (it doesn't matter what's on it) because K3B spends
    ages searching the existing data on the DVD. K3B overwrites subsequent
    DVDs happily.

    How do I circumvent this, please?

    TIA

  2. Re: K3B Queries

    On 2007-09-16 18:06, Jethro wrote:
    > 1 I've been using K3B to save my data files onto DVDs and noticed that
    > the time displayed in the bottom right corner of the KDE desktop changes
    > to odd values, e.g., to 22:06 when the local time (BST = GMT+1) was 16:56.
    >
    > It's a bit of a nuisance to have to reset my time display every time I
    > use K3B. Has anyone a simple solution for this, please?
    >
    > 2 I want to overwrite the data on my DVDs but I always have to format
    > the first DVD fully (it doesn't matter what's on it) because K3B spends
    > ages searching the existing data on the DVD. K3B overwrites subsequent
    > DVDs happily.
    >
    > How do I circumvent this, please?
    >
    > TIA

    Isn't BST obsoleted since you joined the Europe Union ?

    I guess it should be WET that during the summer switch to WEST

    My k3b does not change my time, I have no answer to this, it's so strange.

    Start k3b from the command line in a terminal,
    then it's can't change the timezone of your desktop.

    The problem must be in the launcher of the program or some wrapper maybe.

    DVD+RW does not need format, but it will maybe protect you from doing
    a mistake and check the old contents of some reason.

    /bb

  3. Re: K3B Queries

    birre wrote:
    > On 2007-09-16 18:06, Jethro wrote:
    >> 1 I've been using K3B to save my data files onto DVDs and noticed that
    >> the time displayed in the bottom right corner of the KDE desktop changes
    >> to odd values, e.g., to 22:06 when the local time (BST = GMT+1) was
    >> 16:56.
    >>
    >> It's a bit of a nuisance to have to reset my time display every time I
    >> use K3B. Has anyone a simple solution for this, please?
    >>
    >> 2 I want to overwrite the data on my DVDs but I always have to format
    >> the first DVD fully (it doesn't matter what's on it) because K3B spends
    >> ages searching the existing data on the DVD. K3B overwrites subsequent
    >> DVDs happily.
    >>
    >> How do I circumvent this, please?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Isn't BST obsoleted since you joined the Europe Union ?

    No! BST isn't 'obsoleted' (we don't have obsolete as a verb) nor is GMT.
    The last time I looked, the US was still using several (or should that
    be 'multiple'?) time zones rather than just one.

    > I guess it should be WET that during the summer switch to WEST
    >
    > My k3b does not change my time, I have no answer to this, it's so strange.
    >
    > Start k3b from the command line in a terminal,
    > then it's can't change the timezone of your desktop.

    I'll try that next time, thanks.

    > The problem must be in the launcher of the program or some wrapper maybe.
    >

    > DVD+RW does not need format, but it will maybe protect you from doing
    > a mistake and check the old contents of some reason.

    As I said in my original post, only the first DVD needs to be formatted;
    the others are overwritten as they should be. When I try to burn the
    first one, K3B spends forever checking the existing files on the DVD
    instead of just burning. So, I force a full format on that one and the
    rest just overwrite as they should. It's odd.

+ Reply to Thread