JAD and AppArmor problem - Suse

This is a discussion on JAD and AppArmor problem - Suse ; I installed the JAD (jacklab) repo and installed the updated packages as per the instructions on the web site. When I boot to the real time kernel (2.6.19-5-rt) I get warnings that AppArmor can't load profiles and also securityfs is ...

  1. JAD and AppArmor problem

    I installed the JAD (jacklab) repo and installed the updated packages as per
    the instructions on the web site. When I boot to the real time kernel
    (2.6.19-5-rt) I get warnings that AppArmor can't load profiles and also
    securityfs is not loading. I added the repo for the PAM updates and I
    thought that would be it. But it seems that since securityfs isn't loading
    during boot up that I can not modify, add or delete any AppArmor profiles.
    This seems to be a big security breach (potentially) and I'd like to fix
    this situation. Has anybody booted to the rt kernel and got AppArmor
    working ? If so what, if anything, did you do to enable AppArmor to load ?
    If it worked without any special work than I'm afraid I did something wrong
    though I don't know what. I can boot to the rt kernel o.k. And, yes,
    jackd runs with real time capabilities enabled. Yet the lack of security
    through AppArmor is not something I consider acceptable.

    Also, as I am trying to fix this so that I can give my buddy back his newly
    repurposed Dell laptop with Rosegarden, jackd, et.al. installed with real
    time capabilities enabled I definitely need to fix this first.

    Thank you for any usefull responses.

  2. Re: JAD and AppArmor problem

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > I installed the JAD (jacklab) repo and installed the updated packages as
    > per
    > the instructions on the web site. When I boot to the real time kernel
    > (2.6.19-5-rt) I get warnings that AppArmor can't load profiles and also
    > securityfs is not loading. I added the repo for the PAM updates and I
    > thought that would be it. But it seems that since securityfs isn't
    > profiles. This seems to be a big security breach (potentially) and I'd
    > like to fix
    > this situation. Has anybody booted to the rt kernel and got AppArmor
    > working ? If so what, if anything, did you do to enable AppArmor to load
    > ? If it worked without any special work than I'm afraid I did something
    > wrong
    > though I don't know what. I can boot to the rt kernel o.k. And, yes,
    > jackd runs with real time capabilities enabled. Yet the lack of security
    > through AppArmor is not something I consider acceptable.
    >
    > Also, as I am trying to fix this so that I can give my buddy back his
    > newly repurposed Dell laptop with Rosegarden, jackd, et.al. installed with
    > real time capabilities enabled I definitely need to fix this first.

    ask in the #jacklab or #jad channels in IRC

+ Reply to Thread