keyboard problems under SuSE 10.2 - Suse

This is a discussion on keyboard problems under SuSE 10.2 - Suse ; Hello all! I've got a SuSE 10.2 x86_64 machine on which the keyboard freezes from time to time while the user is working under KDE. It does not appear to be specifically linked to any particular activity. Logging out "unfreezes" ...

  1. keyboard problems under SuSE 10.2

    Hello all!

    I've got a SuSE 10.2 x86_64 machine on which the keyboard freezes from
    time to time while the user is working under KDE. It does not appear
    to be specifically linked to any particular activity.

    Logging out "unfreezes" the keyboard. This is the second keyboard I've
    got on that machine so the hardware inside the keyboard is likely not
    the culprit.

    Thanks.

    Boris.

  2. Re: keyboard problems under SuSE 10.2

    borepstein@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello all!
    >
    > I've got a SuSE 10.2 x86_64 machine on which the keyboard freezes from
    > time to time while the user is working under KDE. It does not appear
    > to be specifically linked to any particular activity.
    >
    > Logging out "unfreezes" the keyboard. This is the second keyboard I've
    > got on that machine so the hardware inside the keyboard is likely not
    > the culprit.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Boris.

    I don't know if this relates to what you are seeing but my system was
    freezing frequently. I found it to be caused by a problem with .swf
    (shockwave) files I was trying to view. I removed the file association and
    now I don't have the freezing anymore. If I want to view a shockwave/flash
    web site I use Firefox(minefield). Not sure what causes this annoying
    behavior in Konqueror but I'll just live with it for now.

+ Reply to Thread