Free Times and Free Schoolbook fonts - Suse

This is a discussion on Free Times and Free Schoolbook fonts - Suse ; Hello all, I'm looking for some fonts that normally come bundled with the various Debian based distros as t1-cyrillic. It's a bunch of good fonts including Free Times and Free Schoolbook, both of which make authoring books and articles in ...

  1. Free Times and Free Schoolbook fonts

    Hello all,

    I'm looking for some fonts that normally come bundled with the various
    Debian based distros as t1-cyrillic. It's a bunch of good fonts
    including Free Times and Free Schoolbook, both of which make authoring
    books and articles in OpenOffice a pleasure. Looking to find an RPM
    distro of this package (or instructions on installing a Debian package
    under SuSE).

    Thanks,

    Roland

  2. Re: Free Times and Free Schoolbook fonts

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:59:17 -0700, yyyc186 wrote:

    >I'm looking for some fonts that normally come bundled with the various
    >Debian based distros as t1-cyrillic. It's a bunch of good fonts
    >including Free Times and Free Schoolbook, both of which make authoring
    >books and articles in OpenOffice a pleasure. Looking to find an RPM
    >distro of this package (or instructions on installing a Debian package
    >under SuSE).

    If you have the .deb package, you can convert it to .rpm using alien, which
    should be in the repositories. Once converted, it can be installed with
    YaST or kpackage ..

  3. Re: Free Times and Free Schoolbook fonts

    yyyc186 wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm looking for some fonts that normally come bundled with the various
    > Debian based distros as t1-cyrillic. It's a bunch of good fonts
    > including Free Times and Free Schoolbook, both of which make authoring
    > books and articles in OpenOffice a pleasure. Looking to find an RPM
    > distro of this package (or instructions on installing a Debian package
    > under SuSE).
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Roland

    Lots' o free fonts here:

    http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-c2.html

    In konqueror you can just right click on the downloaded font(s), then
    actions -> install font.

+ Reply to Thread