GTK apps in KDE (font) - Suse

This is a discussion on GTK apps in KDE (font) - Suse ; Hello, Awhile back I was messing around with my fonts in Yast->/etc/sysconfig. Somehow I had messed up how GTK apps are rendered in KDE. With GTK apps, the font appears not to be anti-aliased. So far I have just lived ...

  1. GTK apps in KDE (font)

    Hello,

    Awhile back I was messing around with my fonts in Yast->/etc/sysconfig.
    Somehow I had messed up how GTK apps are rendered in KDE. With GTK apps,
    the font appears not to be anti-aliased.

    So far I have just lived with it hoping that some update would come along
    and revert what ever I had did.

    Any how, I have just recently stumbled upon that if I run
    gnome-font-properties from the command line, the font in GTK apps are fixed
    (at runtime too). And the fonts stay fixed until my next reboot/login.

    I tried using the GTK Apps tab in KDE's control center, but that doesn't
    seem to do anything or atleast doesn't fix my problem.

    Anyone know what gnome-font-properties is running? Or better yet, what I
    could have possible done to screw up gtk?

    Thanks
    --
    Chris

  2. Re: GTK apps in KDE (font)

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:28:47 GMT
    Chris wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Awhile back I was messing around with my fonts in
    > Yast->/etc/sysconfig. Somehow I had messed up how GTK apps are
    > rendered in KDE. With GTK apps, the font appears not to be
    > anti-aliased.
    >
    > So far I have just lived with it hoping that some update would come
    > along and revert what ever I had did.
    >
    > Any how, I have just recently stumbled upon that if I run
    > gnome-font-properties from the command line, the font in GTK apps are
    > fixed (at runtime too). And the fonts stay fixed until my next
    > reboot/login.
    >
    > I tried using the GTK Apps tab in KDE's control center, but that
    > doesn't seem to do anything or atleast doesn't fix my problem.
    >
    > Anyone know what gnome-font-properties is running? Or better yet,
    > what I could have possible done to screw up gtk?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi
    Create a softlink to the gnome-settings-daemon in the KDE Autostart
    directory. See here;

    http://en.opensuse.org/Optimal_Use_of_Fonts_on_SuSE

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    up 1 day 11:58, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.09, 0.07

  3. Re: GTK apps in KDE (font)

    Malcolm wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:28:47 GMT
    > Chris wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Awhile back I was messing around with my fonts in
    >> Yast->/etc/sysconfig. Somehow I had messed up how GTK apps are
    >> rendered in KDE. With GTK apps, the font appears not to be
    >> anti-aliased.
    >>
    >> So far I have just lived with it hoping that some update would come
    >> along and revert what ever I had did.
    >>
    >> Any how, I have just recently stumbled upon that if I run
    >> gnome-font-properties from the command line, the font in GTK apps are
    >> fixed (at runtime too). And the fonts stay fixed until my next
    >> reboot/login.
    >>
    >> I tried using the GTK Apps tab in KDE's control center, but that
    >> doesn't seem to do anything or atleast doesn't fix my problem.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what gnome-font-properties is running? Or better yet,
    >> what I could have possible done to screw up gtk?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Hi
    > Create a softlink to the gnome-settings-daemon in the KDE Autostart
    > directory. See here;
    >
    > http://en.opensuse.org/Optimal_Use_of_Fonts_on_SuSE

    Thanks for the link. Much appreciated!
    --