what category for swf file assoctiation ? - Suse

This is a discussion on what category for swf file assoctiation ? - Suse ; I recently removed the file association for '.swf' files as it was causing Konqueror to freeze. I'd like to add it back and was wondering what category' is the default for this type of file ? It seems that after ...

  1. what category for swf file assoctiation ?

    I recently removed the file association for '.swf' files as it was causing
    Konqueror to freeze. I'd like to add it back and was wondering what
    category' is the default for this type of file ?

    It seems that after manually removing this file association it is not
    automatically re-installed during a plugin scan.

  2. Re: what category for swf file assoctiation ?

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:27:02 -0700, Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > I recently removed the file association for '.swf' files as it was causing
    > Konqueror to freeze. I'd like to add it back and was wondering what
    > category' is the default for this type of file ?
    >
    > It seems that after manually removing this file association it is not
    > automatically re-installed during a plugin scan.

    application
    x-shockwave-flash description Shockwave Flash Media
    Embedding
    Show file in embedded viewer highlighted
    I use the version 0.9** of the shockwave flash viewer but the Service
    preference order doesn't show this but lists Netscape plugin
    viewer(nsplugin)
    This is on my 10.0 box

  3. Re: what category for swf file assoctiation ?

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:27:02 -0700, Michael Soibelman typed this message:

    > I recently removed the file association for '.swf' files as it was
    > causing Konqueror to freeze. I'd like to add it back and was wondering
    > what category' is the default for this type of file ?
    >
    > It seems that after manually removing this file association it is not
    > automatically re-installed during a plugin scan.

    That's an Adobe flash player file. You can install the Linux FlashPlayer
    if you're using a 32bit Linux distro though not sure how to incorporate
    flashplayer into Konqueror. On 64-bit systems or maybe Konqueror you
    can download and install the FlashPlayer Standalone application to open
    flash files.

+ Reply to Thread