Re: SuSE 10.1 64-bit online update doesn't work - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: SuSE 10.1 64-bit online update doesn't work - Suse ; "David" wrote in message news:5aydneYsVMXq8Y7YnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@comcast.com. .. > Hi, > > I just installed SuSE 10.1 on my AMD64 system and during the > installation the online updater wouldn't work. Every package including > the red critical updates were unchecked, and ...

  1. Re: SuSE 10.1 64-bit online update doesn't work

    "David" wrote in message
    news:5aydneYsVMXq8Y7YnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed SuSE 10.1 on my AMD64 system and during the
    > installation the online updater wouldn't work. Every package including
    > the red critical updates were unchecked, and when I checked the boxes
    > the updater said they were not on the server. One other thing I noticed
    > was that it took over ten minutes for the updater to connect to the
    > server and it didn't offer any other choice of server like all previous
    > versions of SuSE Linux did before.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I am yet to see a Linux distro to work as averyne assumes it shouls

  2. Re: SuSE 10.1 64-bit online update doesn't work

    swen wrote:

    > "David" wrote in message
    > news:5aydneYsVMXq8Y7YnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I just installed SuSE 10.1 on my AMD64 system and during the
    >> installation the online updater wouldn't work. Every package including
    >> the red critical updates were unchecked, and when I checked the boxes
    >> the updater said they were not on the server. One other thing I noticed
    >> was that it took over ten minutes for the updater to connect to the
    >> server and it didn't offer any other choice of server like all previous
    >> versions of SuSE Linux did before.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > I am yet to see a Linux distro to work as averyne assumes it shouls

    I have yet to see a windows user posting in linux groups with half a working
    brain.
    Did you notice by chance that he talked about the update-service?
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    Form follows malfunction.

+ Reply to Thread