Re: openSUSE 10.3 sucks! - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: openSUSE 10.3 sucks! - Suse ; On Sep 6, 6:05 pm, ml2mst wrote: > I never made a secret out of the fact, that I've been a SUSE Linux fan > since the 6.1 release. But because of the Microvell deal, I jumped ship > a ...

  1. Re: openSUSE 10.3 sucks!

    On Sep 6, 6:05 pm, ml2mst wrote:
    > I never made a secret out of the fact, that I've been a SUSE Linux fan
    > since the 6.1 release. But because of the Microvell deal, I jumped ship
    > a couple of months ago. However I felt I had to give the latest openSUSE
    > 10.3 Beta a fair chance.
    >
    > My conclusion however is: its a horror!
    >
    > Every time you want to install (even a single) package using YaST2, the
    > entire package database is rebuild. On my machine this takes about 20
    > minutes :-(
    >
    > This lame system was introduced in 10.2 and openSUSE promised to make
    > addition of repositories much more easy, with the Methapackage system,
    > which I found very useful.

    Easy solution: Use the Smart Package Manager.

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: openSUSE 10.3 sucks!

    ____/ Chris on Friday 07 September 2007 21:34 : \____

    > On Sep 6, 6:05 pm, ml2mst wrote:
    >> I never made a secret out of the fact, that I've been a SUSE Linux fan
    >> since the 6.1 release. But because of the Microvell deal, I jumped ship
    >> a couple of months ago. However I felt I had to give the latest openSUSE
    >> 10.3 Beta a fair chance.
    >>
    >> My conclusion however is: its a horror!
    >>
    >> Every time you want to install (even a single) package using YaST2, the
    >> entire package database is rebuild. On my machine this takes about 20
    >> minutes :-(
    >>
    >> This lame system was introduced in 10.2 and openSUSE promised to make
    >> addition of repositories much more easy, with the Methapackage system,
    >> which I found very useful.

    > Easy solution: Use the Smart Package Manager.

    It's just Gary Stewart (Flatfish) trolling again. Ignore that message and
    killfile that new nym of his.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    One person' diction is another's verbiage
    run-level 2 2007-08-06 21:07 last=

  3. Re: openSUSE 10.3 sucks!

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ Chris on Friday 07 September 2007 21:34 : \____
    >
    >> On Sep 6, 6:05 pm, ml2mst wrote:
    >>> I never made a secret out of the fact, that I've been a SUSE Linux fan
    >>> since the 6.1 release. But because of the Microvell deal, I jumped ship
    >>> a couple of months ago. However I felt I had to give the latest openSUSE
    >>> 10.3 Beta a fair chance.
    >>>
    >>> My conclusion however is: its a horror!
    >>>
    >>> Every time you want to install (even a single) package using YaST2, the
    >>> entire package database is rebuild. On my machine this takes about 20
    >>> minutes :-(
    >>>
    >>> This lame system was introduced in 10.2 and openSUSE promised to make
    >>> addition of repositories much more easy, with the Methapackage system,
    >>> which I found very useful.

    >> Easy solution: Use the Smart Package Manager.

    > It's just Gary Stewart (Flatfish) trolling again. Ignore that message and
    > killfile that new nym of his.

    Of course it is, he cross posted the treat again to fully unrelated
    NG's, as usual. On the other had it's my fault, I gave this treat a
    pretty inappropriate title, which I regret by now.

    Anyway I hope Gary realizes I replaced the openSUSE 10.3 Beta with
    another (stable) *GNU/Linux distribution* - Not Microsoft Windows - I
    gave up on Windows when openSUSE 10.2 was released, simply because
    *Windows became obsolete*, in my point of view and there's no turning back!

    There's absolutely no longer a reason for me to run dual boot systems.

    In stead of only complaining in COLA, I will contact the openSUSE team
    and report the problems I've encountered.

    This treat was never supposed to be an attack on SUSE or openSUS anyway.

    Sorry Steward you failed again (as usual).

    Cheers
    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com