Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm - Suse ; Respondant wrote: > Alias wrote: > >> Respondant wrote: >>> Alias wrote: >>> >>>> Respondant wrote: >>>>> Alias wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Respondant wrote: >>>>>>> dont.pullout@yahoo.com wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Sep 7, 10:38 am, Peter Köhlmann >>>>>>>> wrote: >>>>>>>>> The racist, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 36 of 36

  1. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Respondant wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> Why? ROFL

    >> To see how long it took, of course.

    First insult:

    > That other dude was right. You ARE anal.
    >
    >>> Did you sit there and watch the progess bar scroll past as it was
    >>> installing as well?
    >>>
    >>> Bill

    >> No "progess" bars on any of my computers.

    Second insult:

    > Ummm. OK.
    >
    > You're a *fine* rep for the Linux community. Keep up the excellent work.
    >
    > Bill

    Yawn.
    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  2. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Alias wrote:

    > Respondant wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:

    >>> To see how long it took, of course.

    > First insult:

    No. You cowardly snecking (without indicating) COLA from the groupline a
    few posts back (fixed that for ya) was the FIRST insult.

    >> That other dude was right. You ARE anal.

  3. After all

    "Respondant" wrote in message
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> Why? ROFL

    >> To see how long it took, of course.

    > That other dude was right. You ARE anal.
    >

    >>> Did you sit there and watch the progess bar scroll past as it was
    >>> installing as well?
    >>>
    >>> Bill

    >> No "progess" bars on any of my computers.

    > Ummm. OK.
    >
    > You're a *fine* rep for the Linux community. Keep up the excellent work.

    After all, Alias is the undisputed Marketing Rep for the Marketing
    Department of Ubuntu. Remember, it's FREE and Open Source. That is all
    Ubuntu could afford !

    > Bill

  4. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Respondant wrote:

    > dont.pullout@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >> On Sep 7, 10:38 am, Peter Köhlmann
    >> wrote:
    >>> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish)
    >>> nymshifted:
    >>>
    >>> < snip flatfish droppings >
    >>>
    >>> You lately nymshifted to

    >> You seem to be an even bigger Linux freak than Roy Schestowitz.
    >> Tell me, what is it about Linux that brings out the mentally ill?

    > They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that arises from
    > spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which distro best fits
    > their needs, installing it, and then more hours upon hours attempting to
    > make it
    > work. :-)
    >
    > Seriously though ... I think yer *ALL* nuts for even giving a flying ****
    > what other people use for an OS. Honestly. Why would I give a **** what
    > YOU use if it suits your needs? And vice-versa.
    >
    > Having said that, I'll say this. IMO, the biggest problem Linux has, is
    > that there are too many chefs creating the meal. I believe that until
    > the community can get together, decide on a head chef, and let him/her
    > pick the sous chefs, it will never be any more popular (around 2%?) an OS
    > for the
    > *casual* *user* then it is right now. (Note: casual user.)
    >
    > I really don't understand what it is with these Linux OS people. Because
    > I really THINK they COULD do it, if they set their egos aside, banded
    > together, and created ONE all-encompasing operating system. *THEN* they
    > might actually be able to compete.
    >
    > But unless/until that happens ... I doubt Linux will ever be any more of
    > an OS than it is to this day.
    >
    > Right now, the whole Linux community seems to me as though it's not much
    > more than a worldwide geek dick-swinging competition. As a result, the
    > Linux "advocates" are misdirected. Instead of "advocating" AGAINST MS and
    > MAC, their time might be spent more wisely advocating FOR a more unified
    > Linux. You know. Put their heads together and try to combine the best of
    > all flavors kinda thing. Once they're satisfied they've got the best of
    > Linux alled rolled into one OS ... Turn it loose and see what happens.
    > Hell. I'd try it. And nothing's saying it can't still be free, and open
    > source.
    >
    > Bill

  5. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Respondant wrote:

    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> You timed it?
    >>>

    >> Yes, I wrote down the time I started and then looked at the clock
    >> when I was done.

    > Why? ROFL
    >
    > Did you sit there and watch the progess bar scroll past as it was
    > installing as well?
    >
    > Bill

    I time such things regularly. I get paid for my time.

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  6. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Darrell Stec wrote:

    > Respondant wrote:
    >
    >> dont.pullout@yahoo.com wrote:

    >>> You seem to be an even bigger Linux freak than Roy Schestowitz.
    >>> Tell me, what is it about Linux that brings out the mentally ill?

    >> They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that arises
    >> from spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which distro
    >> best fits their needs, installing it, and then more hours upon hours
    >> attempting to make it
    >> work. :-)
    >>
    >> Seriously though ... I think yer *ALL* nuts for even giving a flying
    >> **** what other people use for an OS. Honestly. Why would I give
    >> a **** what YOU use if it suits your needs? And vice-versa.
    >>
    >> Having said that, I'll say this. IMO, the biggest problem Linux
    >> has, is that there are too many chefs creating the meal. I believe
    >> that until the community can get together, decide on a head chef,
    >> and let him/her pick the sous chefs, it will never be any more
    >> popular (around 2%?) an OS for the
    >> *casual* *user* then it is right now. (Note: casual user.)
    >>
    >> I really don't understand what it is with these Linux OS people.
    >> Because I really THINK they COULD do it, if they set their egos
    >> aside, banded together, and created ONE all-encompasing operating
    >> system. *THEN* they might actually be able to compete.
    >>
    >> But unless/until that happens ... I doubt Linux will ever be any
    >> more of an OS than it is to this day.
    >>
    >> Right now, the whole Linux community seems to me as though it's not
    >> much more than a worldwide geek dick-swinging competition. As a
    >> result, the Linux "advocates" are misdirected. Instead of
    >> "advocating" AGAINST MS and MAC, their time might be spent more
    >> wisely advocating FOR a more unified Linux. You know. Put their
    >> heads together and try to combine the best of all flavors kinda
    >> thing. Once they're satisfied they've got the best of Linux alled
    >> rolled into one OS ... Turn it loose and see what happens. Hell.
    >> I'd try it. And nothing's saying it can't still be free, and open
    >> source.
    >>
    >> Bill

  7. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    "Darrell Stec" wrote in message
    > Respondant wrote:
    >
    >> dont.pullout@yahoo.com wrote:

    >>> You seem to be an even bigger Linux freak than Roy Schestowitz.
    >>> Tell me, what is it about Linux that brings out the mentally ill?

    >> They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that arises from
    >> spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which distro best fits
    >> their needs, installing it, and then more hours upon hours attempting to
    >> make it
    >> work. :-)
    >>
    >> Seriously though ... I think yer *ALL* nuts for even giving a flying ****
    >> what other people use for an OS. Honestly. Why would I give a ****
    >> what
    >> YOU use if it suits your needs? And vice-versa.
    >>
    >> Having said that, I'll say this. IMO, the biggest problem Linux has, is
    >> that there are too many chefs creating the meal. I believe that until
    >> the community can get together, decide on a head chef, and let him/her
    >> pick the sous chefs, it will never be any more popular (around 2%?) an OS
    >> for the
    >> *casual* *user* then it is right now. (Note: casual user.)
    >>
    >> I really don't understand what it is with these Linux OS people. Because
    >> I really THINK they COULD do it, if they set their egos aside, banded
    >> together, and created ONE all-encompasing operating system. *THEN* they
    >> might actually be able to compete.
    >>
    >> But unless/until that happens ... I doubt Linux will ever be any more of
    >> an OS than it is to this day.
    >>
    >> Right now, the whole Linux community seems to me as though it's not much
    >> more than a worldwide geek dick-swinging competition. As a result, the
    >> Linux "advocates" are misdirected. Instead of "advocating" AGAINST MS
    >> and
    >> MAC, their time might be spent more wisely advocating FOR a more unified
    >> Linux. You know. Put their heads together and try to combine the best
    >> of
    >> all flavors kinda thing. Once they're satisfied they've got the best of
    >> Linux alled rolled into one OS ... Turn it loose and see what happens.
    >> Hell. I'd try it. And nothing's saying it can't still be free, and open
    >> source.
    >>
    >> Bill

  8. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Lt. Stardust wrote:

    > "Darrell Stec" wrote in message
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that
    >>> arises from spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which
    >>> distro best fits their needs, installing it, and then more hours
    >>> upon hours attempting to make it
    >>> work. :-)
    >>>
    >>> Seriously though ... I think yer *ALL* nuts for even giving a
    >>> flying **** what other people use for an OS. Honestly. Why would
    >>> I give a **** what
    >>> YOU use if it suits your needs? And vice-versa.
    >>>
    >>> Having said that, I'll say this. IMO, the biggest problem Linux
    >>> has, is that there are too many chefs creating the meal. I
    >>> believe that until the community can get together, decide on a head
    >>> chef, and let him/her pick the sous chefs, it will never be any
    >>> more popular (around 2%?) an OS for the
    >>> *casual* *user* then it is right now. (Note: casual user.)
    >>>
    >>> I really don't understand what it is with these Linux OS people. Because
    >>> I really THINK they COULD do it, if they set their egos
    >>> aside, banded together, and created ONE all-encompasing operating
    >>> system. *THEN* they might actually be able to compete.
    >>>
    >>> But unless/until that happens ... I doubt Linux will ever be any
    >>> more of an OS than it is to this day.
    >>>
    >>> Right now, the whole Linux community seems to me as though it's not
    >>> much more than a worldwide geek dick-swinging competition. As a
    >>> result, the Linux "advocates" are misdirected. Instead of
    >>> "advocating" AGAINST MS and
    >>> MAC, their time might be spent more wisely advocating FOR a more
    >>> unified Linux. You know. Put their heads together and try to
    >>> combine the best of
    >>> all flavors kinda thing. Once they're satisfied they've got the
    >>> best of Linux alled rolled into one OS ... Turn it loose and see
    >>> what happens. Hell. I'd try it. And nothing's saying it can't
    >>> still be free, and open source.
    >>>
    >>> Bill

  9. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    "Alias" wrote in message

    > Took me exactly 58 minutes to install Ubuntu, get the updates, configure
    > it and load all the programs I wanted. Oops.

    Have you tried other distros or is your recommendation based on the
    experience of one install?

  10. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:02:42 -0400, Respondant wrote:

    > Lt. Stardust wrote:
    >
    >> "Darrell Stec" wrote in message

  11. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Meat Plow

    wrote
    on Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:36:50 -0400
    <17p5ob.ko8.17.2@news.alt.net>:

    [massive snip]

    > This is a ****ing silly-ass thread. Why don't you all just get together
    > and smash your computers over each others heads and get it over with

    What, and ruin perfectly good Windows Vista licenses?

    ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Woman? What woman?"

  12. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Respondant wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >> First insult:

    > No. You cowardly snecking (without indicating) COLA from the groupline a
    > few posts back (fixed that for ya) was the FIRST insult.

    Um, my news server doesn't do COLA and neither do I.

    >>> That other dude was right. You ARE anal.

    Try and get over it.

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  13. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > What, and ruin perfectly good Windows Vista licenses?

    'good' and 'Windows' in the same sentence? Surely not?

  14. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Lt. Stardust wrote:

    > "Darrell Stec" wrote in message
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that arises
    >>> from spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which distro best
    >>> fits their needs, installing it, and then more hours upon hours
    >>> attempting to make it
    >>> work. :-)
    >>>
    >>> Seriously though ... I think yer *ALL* nuts for even giving a flying
    >>> ****
    >>> what other people use for an OS. Honestly. Why would I give a ****
    >>> what
    >>> YOU use if it suits your needs? And vice-versa.
    >>>
    >>> Having said that, I'll say this. IMO, the biggest problem Linux has, is
    >>> that there are too many chefs creating the meal. I believe that until
    >>> the community can get together, decide on a head chef, and let him/her
    >>> pick the sous chefs, it will never be any more popular (around 2%?) an
    >>> OS for the
    >>> *casual* *user* then it is right now. (Note: casual user.)
    >>>
    >>> I really don't understand what it is with these Linux OS people.
    >>> Because I really THINK they COULD do it, if they set their egos aside,
    >>> banded
    >>> together, and created ONE all-encompasing operating system. *THEN* they
    >>> might actually be able to compete.
    >>>
    >>> But unless/until that happens ... I doubt Linux will ever be any more of
    >>> an OS than it is to this day.
    >>>
    >>> Right now, the whole Linux community seems to me as though it's not much
    >>> more than a worldwide geek dick-swinging competition. As a result, the
    >>> Linux "advocates" are misdirected. Instead of "advocating" AGAINST MS
    >>> and
    >>> MAC, their time might be spent more wisely advocating FOR a more unified
    >>> Linux. You know. Put their heads together and try to combine the best
    >>> of
    >>> all flavors kinda thing. Once they're satisfied they've got the best
    >>> of Linux alled rolled into one OS ... Turn it loose and see what
    >>> happens.
    >>> Hell. I'd try it. And nothing's saying it can't still be free, and
    >>> open source.
    >>>
    >>> Bill

  15. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm

    Alias wrote:

    > Respondant wrote:
    > > dont.pullout@yahoo.com wrote:

    > > > You seem to be an even bigger Linux freak than Roy Schestowitz.
    > > > Tell me, what is it about Linux that brings out the mentally ill?

    > > They don't start out that way. It's a cumulative effect that
    > > arises from spending hours upon hours trying to figure out which
    > > distro best fits their needs, installing it, and then more hours
    > > upon hours attempting to make it work. :-)

    > Took me exactly 58 minutes to install Ubuntu, get the updates,
    > configure it and load all the programs I wanted. Oops.

    Now, go and click on "check for updates" in Firefox to install the
    latest version.

    Toad

    --

  16. Re: The great linux saviour "Palm Foleo" - knifed and killed by Palm