Panel - Suse

This is a discussion on Panel - Suse ; Since I did the latest KDE update to 3.5.7 74.2, I can no longer see minimzed application in the panel. openSUSE 10.2 I know it not a big deal, but I like to see what I am running. Any thoughts ...

  1. Panel

    Since I did the latest KDE update to 3.5.7 74.2, I can no longer see
    minimzed application in the panel.

    openSUSE 10.2

    I know it not a big deal, but I like to see what I am running.

    Any thoughts would be great.

  2. Re: Panel

    Who Cares wrote:

    > Since I did the latest KDE update to 3.5.7 74.2, I can no longer see
    > minimzed application in the panel.
    >
    > openSUSE 10.2
    >
    > I know it not a big deal, but I like to see what I am running.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be great.

    After hacking around since 10.2 was released I too had this problem. I
    thought it was something I did and still don't know what caused the
    problem. That and some other difficulties finally led me to create a new
    login and I transfered everything to the new desktop. That fixed my
    problem. I hope someone can clarify the situation so it doesn't happen
    again but at least for now everything is o.k. I suspect that it has to do
    with having the gnome/unstable installation source installed as I was
    seeing numerous warnings with launching konqueror from a terminal and a
    number of gdk-critical warnings but that's just a guess. Anyway, a new
    desktop login worked to fix the situation though that might be viewed as
    a 'radical' fix...

    As I said, I do a lot of hacking, installing from source, etc.. so I''ve no
    one to blame but myself. At least everything seems o.k. now.

    P.S. As 10.3 isn't too far off I think I'll do some more hacking to see if
    I can muck up the works..again... LOL :-)

    That's what makes this so much of a learning environment. We can mess it up
    and fix it again..without reinstalling.

  3. Re: Panel

    Who Cares wrote:
    > Since I did the latest KDE update to 3.5.7 74.2, I can no longer see
    > minimzed application in the panel.
    >
    > openSUSE 10.2
    >
    > I know it not a big deal, but I like to see what I am running.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be great.

    Try right clicking on the panel, add applet, add Taskbar.

+ Reply to Thread