Suggested software for connecting Samsung D800 to openSuSE 10.2 viaUSB - Suse

This is a discussion on Suggested software for connecting Samsung D800 to openSuSE 10.2 viaUSB - Suse ; Hi all, I've had a Google around for software which would enable me to connect my phone to my Linux box so that I can transfer files between the two but don't seem to have found many useful articles, though ...

  1. Suggested software for connecting Samsung D800 to openSuSE 10.2 viaUSB

    Hi all,

    I've had a Google around for software which would enable me to connect my
    phone to my Linux box so that I can transfer files between the two but
    don't seem to have found many useful articles, though there are some
    suggestions for bluetooth which I don't have on my PC.

    Can anyone here suggest a good program for achieving a USB connection to
    my phone for file transfer?

    Apologies if I've missed something really obvious!
    --
    Rob
    http://www.uicstock.org.uk/

  2. Re: Suggested software for connecting Samsung D800 to openSuSE 10.2 via USB

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, The Doctor wrote:-

    >Can anyone here suggest a good program for achieving a USB connection to
    >my phone for file transfer?

    Have you tried just plugging it in and seeing if it's recognised as a
    Mass Storage Device?

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  3. Re: Suggested software for connecting Samsung D800 to openSuSE 10.2via USB

    Hi David,

    >>Can anyone here suggest a good program for achieving a USB connection to
    >>my phone for file transfer?

    > Have you tried just plugging it in and seeing if it's recognised as a
    > Mass Storage Device?

    It seems to be recognised as a modem!

    usb 1-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4
    usb 1-3: new device found, idVendor=04e8, idProduct=663e
    usb 1-3: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    usb 1-3: Product: SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem
    usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Samsung
    usb 1-3: SerialNumber: 357112-00-409941
    cdc_acm 1-3:2.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
    drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c: v0.25:USB Abstract Control Model driver for
    USB modems and ISDN adapters

    --
    Rob
    http://www.uicstock.org.uk/