TruVeo discovered - Suse

This is a discussion on TruVeo discovered - Suse ; From the New York Times today, I discovered TruVeo.com which appears to be a compilation of accessing videos on a number of different video sites in addition to YouTube. However, the script "youtube-dl" that I have been using successfully with ...

  1. TruVeo discovered

    From the New York Times today, I discovered TruVeo.com which appears
    to be a compilation of accessing videos on a number of different
    video sites in addition to YouTube.

    However, the script "youtube-dl" that I have been using successfully
    with YouTube for downloading clips returns an error message that
    "this doesn't appear to be in YouTube.fl format."

    Has anyone discovered what format TruVeo is using?

    Godzilla

  2. Re: TruVeo discovered

    Godzilla wrote:

    > TruVeo.com

    They appear to not change the format from the origin source. They even
    direct you to the origin in most that I tried.
    ABC and CBS refuse to work with Linux, regardless of installed players.
    ESPN has no problem.
    MSN and MSnbc have no problem
    BBC has you select realmedia or win player (the realmedia selection
    will not play video but win player will)

    Youtube uses flash, and it has never failed to play for me.
    Even after downloading (copying the video from cache manually or
    using the downloader plugin for Firefox, and then renaming it)
    [I always rename to something.mpg so that it will play easily
    in Kaffeine]

    John

+ Reply to Thread