Gnome live-cd 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Gnome live-cd 10.3 - Suse ; Hello, I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with yast among others) it asks me for a root password : ...

  1. Gnome live-cd 10.3

    Hello,

    I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    understand the answer.

    Thank you for helping...
    JMR

  2. Re: Gnome live-cd 10.3

    jmr wrote:

    > I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    > name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    > yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    > Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    > understand the answer.

    did you try ?
    user= root
    pas= root
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: Gnome live-cd 10.3

    jmr wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    > name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    > yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    > Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    > understand the answer.
    >
    > Thank you for helping...
    > JMR

    root password is linux on the KDE live CD so try that on the Gnome one.

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

  4. Re: Gnome live-cd 10.3

    Vahis skrev:
    > jmr wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    >> name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    >> yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    >> Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    >> understand the answer.
    >>
    >> Thank you for helping...
    >> JMR

    > root password is linux on the KDE live CD so try that on the Gnome one.
    >
    > Vahis

    It could also be: 12qwaszx

    Per

  5. Re: Gnome live-cd 10.3

    Per Lüchau wrote:
    > Vahis skrev:
    >> jmr wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    >>> name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    >>> yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    >>> Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    >>> understand the answer.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for helping...
    >>> JMR

    >> root password is linux on the KDE live CD so try that on the Gnome one.
    >>
    >> Vahis

    > It could also be: 12qwaszx
    >
    > Per

    It could well be that you mean it can be anything which it also could
    well be.

    I booted the KDE live CD once. I tried linux as root password and it
    worked, so I dunno.

    Hope this helps NOT.

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
    Linus Torvalds 1996.

  6. Re: Gnome live-cd 10.3

    Vahis a écrit :
    > jmr wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I try to work with this live-cd : it starts nicely without asking user
    >> name or password but if i want to change something in the program (with
    >> yast among others) it asks me for a root password : what is it ?
    >> Something like that was asked earlier in this ng but I did not
    >> understand the answer.
    >>
    >> Thank you for helping...
    >> JMR

    > root password is linux on the KDE live CD so try that on the Gnome one.
    >
    > Vahis

    linux as root password is also right with gnome.
    Thank you.

    JMR

+ Reply to Thread