I can not use mysql on open suse - Suse

This is a discussion on I can not use mysql on open suse - Suse ; Hi every one I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2 but when I'm try to connect server or only write mysql this error Message came out error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO) How can I ...

  1. I can not use mysql on open suse

    Hi every one
    I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2
    but when I'm try to connect server or only write mysql
    this error Message came out
    error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)

    How can I fix this error

  2. Re: I can not use mysql on open suse

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:01:14 -0700
    sahm wrote:

    > Hi every one
    > I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2
    > but when I'm try to connect server or only write mysql
    > this error Message came out
    > error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)
    >
    > How can I fix this error

    Hi
    So you have setup a database, granted access to all etc? Is mysql
    started?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)

  3. Re: I can not use mysql on open suse

    Some being by the name of sahm managed to piece together the following:

    > Hi every one
    > I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2
    > but when I'm try to connect server or only write mysql
    > this error Message came out
    > error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)
    >
    > How can I fix this error

    Have you run the usual

    rcmysql start
    mysqladmin -u root -new-password _your_new_pass
    mysqladmin -u root@localhost -new-password _yore_new_pass

    then try

    mysql -p

    --
    The trouble with women is that they never put the toilet seat back up!

  4. Re: I can not use mysql on open suse

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:01:14 -0700, sahm typed this message:

    > Hi every one
    > I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2 but when I'm try to connect
    > server or only write mysql this error Message came out
    > error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)
    >
    > How can I fix this error

    IIRC you have to use the password you used to create the MySql database
    as administrator and then add users and grant privileges. Browse the
    free MySql pdfs.

    > Mysql -u root -h localhost -p forpassword
    > show ?

  5. Re: I can not use mysql on open suse

    On Aug 14, 12:01 pm, sahm wrote:
    > Hi every one
    > I'm try to use mysql in opne suse 10.2
    > but when I'm try to connect server or only write mysql
    > this error Message came out
    > error: Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)
    >
    > How can I fix this error

    Sahm -- here's my cheat sheet:

    After installing via YaST, goto YaST|System|System Services and
    "Enable" MySQL. It will prompt you to do the following:

    $ /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password abc123
    $ /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h susefll.aimpaks.com password abc123

    And after that, launch the interactive console to set up access
    rights:

    $ cd /usr/bin
    $ mysql -u root -p
    mysql>/u mysql
    mysql>grant all on *.* to root@'%' identified by 'abc123' with grant
    option;
    mysql>quit;

    Keep in mind that the grant command is opening up access for root from
    everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread