Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490) - Suse

This is a discussion on Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490) - Suse ; When I am attempting to install the Cisco VPN client (our company requires it) on a SuSE10 laptop I get the following Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-default/build] * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin". * Modules will be ...

  1. Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    When I am attempting to install the Cisco VPN client (our company requires
    it) on a SuSE10 laptop I get the following

    Directory containing linux kernel source code
    [/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-default/build]
    * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
    * Modules will be installed in
    "/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-default/CiscoVPN".
    * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
    * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-default/build" will be used
    to build the module.

    Is the above correct [y]
    Making module
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-default/build SUBDIRS=/root/vpnclient
    modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.21-0.8-obj/i386/default'
    make -C ../../../linux-2.6.16.21-0.8
    O=../linux-2.6.16.21-0.8-obj/i386/default modules
    /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.21-0.8/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 11: gcc: command
    not found
    /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.21-0.8/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 12: gcc: command
    not found
    make[3]: gcc: Command not found
    CC [M] /root/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.o
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
    make[4]: *** [/root/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.o] Error 127
    make[3]: *** [_module_/root/vpnclient] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [modules] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.21-0.8-obj/i386/default'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec.ko".

    I looked at the script mentioned and I do not see why the error other than I
    cannot find "gcc-command"

    #!/bin/sh
    #
    # gcc-version gcc-command
    #
    # Prints the gcc version of `gcc-command' in a canonical 4-digit form
    # such as `0295' for gcc-2.95, `0303' for gcc-3.3, etc.
    #

    compiler="$*"

    MAJOR=$(echo __GNUC__ | $compiler -E -xc - | tail -n 1)
    MINOR=$(echo __GNUC_MINOR__ | $compiler -E -xc - | tail -n 1)
    printf "%02d%02d\\n" $MAJOR $MINOR

    Any help?

  2. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    Andrew Madsen schrieb:
    > When I am attempting to install the Cisco VPN client (our company requires
    > it) on a SuSE10 laptop I get the following

    [...]
    > I looked at the script mentioned and I do not see why the error other than I
    > cannot find "gcc-command"

    Then it is not installed maybe?

    > Any help?

    Try to add the gcc version. Yast will be helpful in that.

    Tom

  3. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    Thomas Korff schrieb:
    > Andrew Madsen schrieb:
    >> When I am attempting to install the Cisco VPN client (our company
    >> requires it) on a SuSE10 laptop I get the following

    > [...]

    I forgot to tell you that I use the KVPN instead. It worked fine here.

    Tom

  4. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    That worked. Thank you Thomas.

    BTB I would use KVPN or some such except the VPN folks do not want to give
    out the group password (understandable) nor do they want to configure a
    Linux client (not understandable). Because of that I need to import the
    Cisco Profile wit its encrypted and (hopefully) use that profile for the
    Linux machine.
    "Thomas Korff" wrote in message
    > Andrew Madsen schrieb:
    >> When I am attempting to install the Cisco VPN client (our company
    >> requires it) on a SuSE10 laptop I get the following

    > [...]
    >> I looked at the script mentioned and I do not see why the error other
    >> than I cannot find "gcc-command"

    > Then it is not installed maybe?
    >
    >> Any help?

    > Try to add the gcc version. Yast will be helpful in that.
    >
    > Tom

  5. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    Andrew Madsen wrote:
    > That worked. Thank you Thomas.
    >
    > BTB I would use KVPN or some such except the VPN folks do not want to give
    > out the group password (understandable) nor do they want to configure a
    > Linux client (not understandable). Because of that I need to import the
    > Cisco Profile wit its encrypted and (hopefully) use that profile for the
    > Linux machine.

    It uses weak encryption, you can plug the encrypted string into
    many online sites and get the "secret" for your Cisco VPN.

  6. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    Do you have a suggestion for such a web site?
    "Chris Cox" wrote in message
    > Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >> That worked. Thank you Thomas.
    >>
    >> BTB I would use KVPN or some such except the VPN folks do not want to
    >> give
    >> out the group password (understandable) nor do they want to configure a
    >> Linux client (not understandable). Because of that I need to import the
    >> Cisco Profile wit its encrypted and (hopefully) use that profile for the
    >> Linux machine.

    > It uses weak encryption, you can plug the encrypted string into
    > many online sites and get the "secret" for your Cisco VPN.

  7. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/bin/cisco-decode
    S.

    Andrew Madsen wrote:
    > Do you have a suggestion for such a web site?

    > "Chris Cox" wrote in message
    >> It uses weak encryption, you can plug the encrypted string into
    >> many online sites and get the "secret" for your Cisco VPN.

  8. Re: Cisco VPN client 4.8.00 (0490)

    Worked
    "noname" wrote in message
    > http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/bin/cisco-decode
    > S.
    >
    > Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >> Do you have a suggestion for such a web site?

    >> "Chris Cox" wrote in message
    >>> It uses weak encryption, you can plug the encrypted string into
    >>> many online sites and get the "secret" for your Cisco VPN.

+ Reply to Thread