Re: Live CD's - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: Live CD's - Suse ; houghi wrote: > > So you see, 10.3 Alpha 7 live CD is soooooo this morning. :-D After fixing the wrap, (using would help), I d/l'd the live KDE CD. It seems to work OK for a CD, but what ...

  1. Re: Live CD's

    houghi wrote:

    > So you see, 10.3 Alpha 7 live CD is soooooo this morning. :-D

    After fixing the wrap, (using <...> would help), I d/l'd the live KDE
    CD. It seems to work OK for a CD, but what do I use when it requires a
    root password? "root" doesn't work, as in some live CD's.

    Also when logging out and re-booting it doesn't allow for removing the
    CD! Fortunately my BIOS allows switching the boot from the initial BIOS
    boot screen. :-)

    --
    Virg Wall

  2. Re: Live CD's

    VWWall writes:

    >houghi wrote:
    >>
    >> So you see, 10.3 Alpha 7 live CD is soooooo this morning. :-D

    >After fixing the wrap, (using <...> would help), I d/l'd the live KDE
    >CD. It seems to work OK for a CD, but what do I use when it requires a
    >root password? "root" doesn't work, as in some live CD's.

    Often nothing. Ie, a blank password.

    >Also when logging out and re-booting it doesn't allow for removing the
    >CD! Fortunately my BIOS allows switching the boot from the initial BIOS
    >boot screen. :-)

    >--
    >Virg Wall

  3. Re: Live CD's

    VWWall wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >>
    >> So you see, 10.3 Alpha 7 live CD is soooooo this morning. :-D

    > After fixing the wrap, (using <...> would help), I d/l'd the live KDE
    > CD. It seems to work OK for a CD, but what do I use when it requires a
    > root password? "root" doesn't work, as in some live CD's.
    >
    > Also when logging out and re-booting it doesn't allow for removing the
    > CD! Fortunately my BIOS allows switching the boot from the initial BIOS
    > boot screen. :-)

    It booted fine here.
    But I needed to conf the sound card so I used linux as root pswd

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

+ Reply to Thread