Update icon losing sources - Suse

This is a discussion on Update icon losing sources - Suse ; Hi, 10.2, Kde I noticed that my little world icon bottom right hand screen on taksbar stopped turning orange to say that software updates where available. So I have a look in configuration and the only source listed behind the ...

  1. Update icon losing sources

    Hi,

    10.2, Kde

    I noticed that my little world icon bottom right hand screen on taksbar
    stopped turning orange to say that software updates where available.

    So I have a look in configuration and the only source listed behind the
    icon is the suse 10.2 dvd whereas the other day it had the other 6 or 7
    other sources I've setup in Yast.

    Is there any reason why these sources have gone walkies?

    And apart from adding them manually is there anyway to get the missing
    sources back in?

    I'm sure this is a bug/problem.

    Cheers,

    toe

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeq7WxMXJk

  2. Re: Update icon losing sources

    toedipper wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > 10.2, Kde
    >
    > I noticed that my little world icon bottom right hand screen on taksbar
    > stopped turning orange to say that software updates where available.
    >
    > So I have a look in configuration and the only source listed behind the
    > icon is the suse 10.2 dvd whereas the other day it had the other 6 or 7
    > other sources I've setup in Yast.
    >
    > Is there any reason why these sources have gone walkies?
    >
    > And apart from adding them manually is there anyway to get the missing
    > sources back in?
    >
    > I'm sure this is a bug/problem.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > toe
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeq7WxMXJk

    I had a problem a couple of times with the installation (and update) sources
    disappearing when I was attempting to install or update. The sources were
    off line for some reason [once where my LAN cable had become disconnected].
    It asked if it should disable them locally and while being busy elsewhere, I
    clicked yes by mistake. After that they all had to be re-installed.
    John

+ Reply to Thread