Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible? - Suse

This is a discussion on Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible? - Suse ; I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the cursor. How do I make it visible?...

  1. Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    cursor. How do I make it visible?

  2. Re: Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    Tyler Mechanical wrote:

    > I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    > cursor. How do I make it visible?

    It is not clear:
    1- are you able to activate programs with mouse, but you can't see the
    cursor, or
    2- cursor is at the end of the screen and it appear like there is no mouse,
    or
    3- you have a mouse, but it doesn't work

    I had 1 few times running sax2, a X window graphic setup program, to setup
    multiple screens with 2 nvidia adapters.
    Moving mouse it was possible to find a button looking what button will
    change color, but cursor was gone. This is still not solved why it
    happened, although after cleaning up drivers and installing again, than
    manually editing xorg.conf it is working now.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  3. Re: Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    On Aug 11, 9:31 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > Tyler Mechanical wrote:
    > > I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    > > cursor. How do I make it visible?

    > It is not clear:
    > 1- are you able to activate programs with mouse, but you can't see the
    > cursor, or
    > 2- cursor is at the end of the screen and it appear like there is no mouse,
    > or
    > 3- you have a mouse, but it doesn't work
    >
    > I had 1 few times running sax2, a X window graphic setup program, to setup
    > multiple screens with 2 nvidia adapters.
    > Moving mouse it was possible to find a button looking what button will
    > change color, but cursor was gone. This is still not solved why it
    > happened, although after cleaning up drivers and installing again, than
    > manually editing xorg.conf it is working now.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.

    Yes to 1, it does activate programs, I can see the drag box when I
    hold the left button down. but when I let go it disappears, It
    recognizes the mouse as the correct brand and style. I can use it, but
    it is very inconvenient. I can guess where it is because the desktop
    reacts to where the cursor should be. If I drag the mouse across the
    bottom of the screen the menus respond with the appropriate mouse-over
    behavior, just no mouse pointer/ cursor. I've tried kde and gnome.

  4. Re: Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    Tyler Mechanical wrote:

    > On Aug 11, 9:31 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    >> Tyler Mechanical wrote:
    >> > I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    >> > cursor. How do I make it visible?

    >> It is not clear:
    >> 1- are you able to activate programs with mouse, but you can't see the
    >> cursor, or
    >> 2- cursor is at the end of the screen and it appear like there is no
    >> mouse, or
    >> 3- you have a mouse, but it doesn't work
    >>
    >> I had 1 few times running sax2, a X window graphic setup program, to
    >> setup multiple screens with 2 nvidia adapters.
    >> Moving mouse it was possible to find a button looking what button will
    >> change color, but cursor was gone. This is still not solved why it
    >> happened, although after cleaning up drivers and installing again, than
    >> manually editing xorg.conf it is working now.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Rajko.

    > Yes to 1, it does activate programs, I can see the drag box when I
    > hold the left button down. but when I let go it disappears, It
    > recognizes the mouse as the correct brand and style. I can use it, but
    > it is very inconvenient. I can guess where it is because the desktop
    > reacts to where the cursor should be. If I drag the mouse across the
    > bottom of the screen the menus respond with the appropriate mouse-over
    > behavior, just no mouse pointer/ cursor. I've tried kde and gnome.

    It is probably X server problem.
    What graphic adapter you are using, and what driver?
    Try to run sax2 and set graphic adapter option "SWcursor"

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.

  5. Re: Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    On Aug 11, 10:31 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    > Tyler Mechanical wrote:
    > > I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    > > cursor. How do I make it visible?

    > It is not clear:
    > 1- are you able to activate programs with mouse, but you can't see the
    > cursor, or
    > 2- cursor is at the end of the screen and it appear like there is no mouse,
    > or
    > 3- you have a mouse, but it doesn't work
    >
    > I had 1 few times running sax2, a X window graphic setup program, to setup
    > multiple screens with 2 nvidia adapters.
    > Moving mouse it was possible to find a button looking what button will
    > change color, but cursor was gone. This is still not solved why it
    > happened, although after cleaning up drivers and installing again, than
    > manually editing xorg.conf it is working now.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Rajko.

    I bet the cursor is yellow. You might try some of the hints that fixed
    this on my Mac:
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...4289&query=x11

  6. Re: Does anybody know how to make the cursor visible?

    jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

    > On Aug 11, 10:31 pm, "Rajko M." wrote:
    >> Tyler Mechanical wrote:
    >> > I am running suse 10.2 on a tablet, with a mouse, but I cannot see the
    >> > cursor. How do I make it visible?

    >> It is not clear:
    >> 1- are you able to activate programs with mouse, but you can't see the
    >> cursor, or
    >> 2- cursor is at the end of the screen and it appear like there is no
    >> mouse, or
    >> 3- you have a mouse, but it doesn't work
    >>
    >> I had 1 few times running sax2, a X window graphic setup program, to
    >> setup multiple screens with 2 nvidia adapters.
    >> Moving mouse it was possible to find a button looking what button will
    >> change color, but cursor was gone. This is still not solved why it
    >> happened, although after cleaning up drivers and installing again, than
    >> manually editing xorg.conf it is working now.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Rajko.

    > I bet the cursor is yellow. You might try some of the hints that fixed
    > this on my Mac:
    > http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...4289&query=x11

    It is not :-)
    It doesn't exist on the screen, and it happend few times here, but reboot
    solved problem.

    I never tried SWcursor, which helped before with some other graphic cards
    where hardware cursor had problems, and that is the reason to recommend to
    use that, as a test.

    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.