vsftpd - Suse

This is a discussion on vsftpd - Suse ; Having setup my vsftpd server (running under suselinux 10.2) I find that when I attempt to login it gives an error on all the usernames a& passwords I created in vstpd_lgin.txt Any ideas? -- TTFN Jim 'Interdum feror cupidine partium ...

  1. vsftpd

    --
    TTFN
    Jim

    'Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vicendarum!'

  2. Re: vsftpd

    The carbonbased lifeform Barely Audible inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    > Having setup my vsftpd server (running under suselinux 10.2) I find that
    > when I attempt to login it gives an error on all the usernames a& passwords
    > I created in vstpd_lgin.txt
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Other then:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#bespecific
    and
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#beprecise
    and
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#chronology
    ?

    No, not at the moment.
    Show the relevant portions of the config files and /var/log/vsftpd.log

    Theo
    --
    theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
    linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB

  3. Re: vsftpd

    Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:

    > The carbonbased lifeform Barely Audible inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    >> Having setup my vsftpd server (running under suselinux 10.2) I find that
    >> when I attempt to login it gives an error on all the usernames a&
    >> passwords I created in vstpd_lgin.txt
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Other then:
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#bespecific
    > and
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#beprecise
    > and
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#chronology
    > ?
    >
    > No, not at the moment.
    > Show the relevant portions of the config files and /var/log/vsftpd.log

    If I knew what the "relevent portions" were and if the log existed I
    probably would.

    TTFN
    Jim

    'Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vicendarum!'

  4. Re: vsftpd

    The carbonbased lifeform Barely Audible inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    > Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
    >
    >> The carbonbased lifeform Barely Audible inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    >>> Having setup my vsftpd server (running under suselinux 10.2) I find that
    >>> when I attempt to login it gives an error on all the usernames a&
    >>> passwords I created in vstpd_lgin.txt
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Other then:
    >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#bespecific
    >> and
    >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#beprecise
    >> and
    >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#chronology
    >> ?
    >>
    >> No, not at the moment.
    >> Show the relevant portions of the config files and /var/log/vsftpd.log
    >>

    > If I knew what the "relevent portions" were and if the log existed I
    > probably would.

    "Probably"?
    Having to pre-chew matters and lead people by their hand makes me a bit
    testy. It also makes me wonder how those people will maintain their
    stuff once they miraculously manage to get things to "work".
    Vsftpd doens't deserve to get a bad rep because of bad admins.

    So, once again, read those links and try to put together a better
    question regarding your problems with vsftps.
    If your vsftpd doesn't use the default log files then I'm sure it logs
    the actions somewhere else. What about you trying to find out where?

    Theo
    --
    theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
    linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB
    "ik _heb_ niets tegen Microsoft, ik heb iets tegen
    de uitwassen *van* Microsoft"

+ Reply to Thread